my newly converted .223

that is not a surefire it is a brinkman zenon i got from walmart. I got the hand guards from brownells but they are really expensive cope dist. has them cheaper i think they have them for 75.00 i paid 110.00 from brownells. I herd of copes after i ordered them www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

Edited by TheGunHustler
that is not a surefire it is a brinkman zenon i got from walmart. I got the hand guards from brownells but they are really expensive cope dist. has them cheaper i think they have them for 75.00 i paid 110.00 from brownells. I herd of copes after i ordered them www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

Thank you sir!

• 2 weeks later...
Gunhustler,

One more question for you. Where did you get the retainer(s) for your Tdi handguards?

I had and extra gastube and hand guard retainer laying in my parts bin they fit perfict although i had to file a little on the lower retainer . If you need some i may have a few more laying arround . maybe we can work out a trade or what ever. let me know if you need a set.

thanks for the interest

andy

FWIW that is the best looking Saiga I have seen...

I am new though

Thank you sir! I am new to saigas also I used to own a saiga 12 i sold it to oak here on saiga 12.com It was my first conversion i did and it turned out nice i think. Oak said he was happy. I put an ace folding stock on it and mounted rails to the front hand guard and atached the same type of flash light and installed a fore grip and a ak style front sight . It looked really sweet i think. it needed a little more work but i needed money and i had to sell. here are a few pics of it. I am now sending my .223 to tromix to fix my barrel threading screw up. I hear he does great work and he is very polite on the phone witch says a lot i think. i talked to a local gunsmith and he was rude and totally blew me off so i said fuck it and ill pay the extra and get it done by a professional. I will post pics of it when i get it back

Is nice indeed! :up:

Is that TDI upper pretty secure? Does it go on like a standard AK HG or does it have additional locking features? I may be wanting one for my project...

yes it is very secure and it goes on very tight. It has little tabs that go down into the lower hand gard that make it rock solid

post-2129-1143174514.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i decided not to send my saiga to tromix. sorry Tony but money is tight now. I made a tat for a 223 that has 14mm threads. luckley I finished the starting threads before it broke. I got a little to rough. After i made the tat i cut the barrel to 14.5 and threaded it and installed a amd 65 brake and blind pinned it I also installed a bsa red dot and a bullet guide and mag stablizers supplied by dinzag . Now all i need to do is order my clamp on sight tower from ace. thanks a bunch for the great deal dinzag.

post-2129-1144113933_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheGunHustler

High Capacity! :super: Glad I could help! I'm assuming the weigers lock in good with the ramp? Did you mod the factory mag to lock in as well?

We used that RSB & sling loop for my buddy's newly created AKS-20 & the flip-up front & rear sights are going on my AKS-12. :smoke: I'll probably use the bayo lug & cleaning rod holder as well. I'm trying to figure out a use for that grenade launcher sight...

Edited by dinzag
gunhustler, you sure you need all those extra mags in the background there? 'cuz i could take some.

Hell man I need about 25 more mags. the more fire power the better. I bought them off auctionarms.com I think i paid about 23 bucks a mag

dinzag. Yes the mags lock in great with the bullet guide. many thanks. I did take a little to much metal off 2 of the mags and they wobble even with the spacers you sent me. I nees to go to my buddys house and have him mig them up and re grind them

• 3 weeks later...

Gunhustler - nice looking rig - great job! :up:

My favorite mags for my 223 Saiga are some Weigers that I bought and moded to fit, but the two galil mags and four bulgy mags that came with it work just fine.

When I bought the rifle, the guy told me that it wasn't feeding reliably and I could see where the rounds were haning-up on the lower lip of the chamber. So, I just beveled it a little and polished it all up and viola' no more hang-ups.

Here's a pic of my rifle with one of the galil mags:

20500AK103_left_side.jpg

Edited by O.S.O.K.