Poly Choke with Flash Hider (pic)

I had the guys at Poly Choke make up this unit with the extension on the front end, but without the Cutts Compensator type slots in it. I then machined longitudinal slots in it, in order to give it a more flash hider look.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=384786

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

If the barrel is over 18", I normally just thread the muzzle, screw the choke on, and locktite it in place. If the barrel is under 18", I weld the choke in place.

This will become a standard Tromix option. The Poly Choke install is $150, plus $30 to set it up and machine the slots.

Tony could I get you to post the thread sizes for polychokes on the S12 and S20? I have a couple of them for my 12 and one for my 20 and want to see if I can find someone local to thread my bbls for them. I am aware of the barel thickness issue. I believe I can work with that. My s-20 at least looks very close to centered.

I can sell you just the slotted Poly Choke for $95.

The thread is about 55/64 - 40tpi.

I normally turn the OD to .858", then cut the threads with a single point cutter.

I imagine that I could have Poly Choke leave the threads off, and I could thread it M22-.75 if you want to screw it directly to a factory threaded barrel.

Damn my luck! I had to get my Poly-choke on before you had this bout of genius! First, how about a Poly Choke / muzzle brake combo? I would think its just a matter of how the slots or holes are machined. And second, for either the Poly/hider or Poly/brake, can I just buy one, and screw it on in place of my current one?

WOW! That looks exactly like what I spoke to the owner of Polychoke about a few months ago. Said he would leave a few out of the batch when he did the final cutts on them, and he would send them blanked to us for final cutting at our shop in essentially the same config. I guess you got our blanks.

Oh well, he who snoozes, loses :lol: Nice job, regardless :blues:

• 1 year later...

Hi Tony, I was wondering if these are still available, but with the standard Saiga 12 barrel threading? I saw them on your sight a few weeks ago, and now they're gone. I'm looking for at least one, possibly two. Also, if available, please let me know how much for just the poly choke. Thanks and keep up the innovative work!

Tim

Yes, I can sell you one, but that is a in-house make item, so it goes in the queue with the rest of the gun work. You wouldn't get it until 2009.

Tony

I think it is time to hire help! :lolol: I understand wanting to do the work yourself but imagine how much more you could get done if someone else was handling the paper work, ect.... You could also hire someone to prepare the guns too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to strip the factory internals, furniture, trigger guards.... It would save you countless hrs and make for more production ($$$ in your pocket). Just a thought. Maybe you just like working alone.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I can sell you one, but that is a in-house make item, so it goes in the queue with the rest of the gun work. You wouldn't get it until 2009.

Tony

I think it is time to hire help! :lolol: I understand wanting to do the work yourself but imagine how much more you could get done if someone else was handling the paper work, ect.... You could also hire someone to prepare the guns too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to strip the factory internals, furniture, trigger guards.... It would save you countless hrs and make for more production ($$$ in your pocket). Just a thought. Maybe you just like working alone.

+1 because now I want a polychoke like that.

• 3 months later...