Hey folks, figured I'd start a thread that wasn't just for grips and wasn't an open ended invitation for custom furniture requests. Please keep custom requests to the Custom Furniture II thread.

This is for items that I have available for sale. I'll try to update this thread with new items instead of making new threads too often.

For a slow start, I have these two handguards available. Both are made from beech, the original Saiga wood, and smooth out to a beautiful surface that makes you almost not want to put finish on them. These are unfinished, ready for you to customize.

You could call this the Super Sporter Schnabel Saiga handguard. Made for the S-12 and adaptable to the S-20, this handguard is the result of some miraculous experimentation. A few things aren't perfect about it, mainly internal and unnoticeable, so it's going as a second. Part of why I experimented on it to begin with.

post-6-1141971051_thumb.jpg

post-6-1141971469_thumb.jpg

$40 and a bargain if you ask me. SOLD!

Next is another experiment, this one with less impressive results. An AKM style lower handguard for the S-12. Lower section extends to mount to the original handguard screw. I had a plan for a matching wooden upper handguard, but that didn't work out. Use this lower handguard alone or improvise your own upper handguard per some nice innovations by forum members that may or may not interfere with the sites. A few parts are roughly sanded, and I figured it wasn't worth a great deal of effort to finish. Your baby from here.

post-6-1141973156_thumb.jpg

$25

Shipping is $5 flat on any order with just handguards and grips, $8 if it includes at least one buttstock.

I cannot take returns, but can provide honest answers to your questions before buying.

More furniture is in progress and will be available soon, though I am of course giving priority to completing prepaid orders.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

The top handguard wouldn't accomodate an additional wooden upper HG, but the lower one would. My intention was to make a wooden shell for a metal upper HG, but after examining a metal upper HG I don't think it would work the way I thought it would.

Thanks for the compliments, Cobra. Hope they find good homes.

• 3 weeks later...

These grips are listed on the "Get a Grip" thread, but I figured I'd continue this one to put all the new furniture in the same place for now.

post-6-1143523681_thumb.jpg

They are, left to right:

Oak Second, Zastava Pattern 2, $15

Oak, Zastava Pattern 3, $20

Lyptus, Zastava Pattern 3, $25

Lyptus, Zastava Pattern 3, $25

Lyptus, Zastava Pattern 2, $25

ALL ABOVE GRIPS SOLD!

Edited by BattleRifleG3

You've seen pictures of these on the custom furniture thread, but they're now grouped up officially and ready to buy.

Hickory stock set for Saiga-12 (for p-grip conversions)

This is a beautiful and strong set, decided to give hickory a try and man is it great! Its light color of wood wil be the most friendly to staining it a lighter color, as opposed to most other woods available, and nothing else I know of that's this light and this affordable is also this strong. I tried out a new handguard style with grooves like an SKS instead of the Saiga/Vepr styles. The grip is pretty close to the SAW style grips by Tapco.

It will come with your choice of a small, medium, or large FAL buttpad for which it is shaped.

post-6-1144117780_thumb.jpg

$120 SOLD

White OAK stock set for Saiga-12 (for p-grip conversions)

This has a slightly wider than usual (2" vs 1.75") handguard made in a style relatively close to the Saiga rifle handguard. The buttstock is a modified Galil style and is also contoured for the FAL buttpad of your choice of size. The grip is my third pattern of Zastava style fat grip.

post-6-1144118049_thumb.jpg

$120 Part of this set is SOLD and the rest will be available in a different package.

Shipping is $8 flat, so if you want something else of mine or want to buy both sets, consolidate your order and save on shipping.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Here are pics of BRG3's Zastava Grip in hickory on my AKS-12. I wanted it to match the laminate furniture so I had to get crafty. I used RIT black dye over the whole thing, sanded it out, applied orange dye, then several coats of wipe-on satin poly to finish it off. I'm very happy with the fit & feel and appearance of the grip!! :smoke:

...Now if I could get him to make me up a matching AKM buttstock & AKM bulged lower HG out of the same hickory! :unsure:

post-2093-1144329589_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1144329606_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have this ready too:

Galil style grip and handguard for Saiga-12. Will fit the Saiga-20 with minor shimming.

post-6-1149222598_thumb.jpg

Buy both together for $80 shipped.

Use the buttstock of your choice. These could make a good match for a folding stock.

If you want one or the other or a matching fixed buttstock let me know, but these two are available now.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 1 month later...

New items ready!

Same S-12 handguards listed above, but available individually. Galil style in lyptus, straight edged Saiga style in oak.

post-6-1150679453_thumb.jpg

$50 each

Another view of the above Hickory set.

post-6-1150679510_thumb.jpg

Blowout price of $100 + shipping ***SPF***

Please note that handguards for the S-12 will also fit the S-20 with a shim on the upper side of the rear tab.

Several grips, all made from lyptus wood.

post-6-1150679406_thumb.jpg

From left:

1.) Improved AK style, slightly flared. $25 ***SPF***

2.) Grooved SAW style grips (modified from the Zastava pattern.) $30 ***SPF***

3.) Same as above, $30 ***SPF***

4.) My own style of Ergo grip, same grip angle as standard AK. $30 ***SPF***

5.) Modified Galil style, slightly flared. $25

Shipping remains at $5 flat for all quantities of grips and handguards, now $10 when it includes at least one buttstock. Shipping costs for increased quantities are absorbed as a sort of volume discount.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

I was able to check out the wood stocks BattleRifle made for Fullchoke at Saturday's NCRR shotgun match and I have to say that pictures do not do it justice. The fit is equal to or better than original and the overall shaping is perfect. I will consider BattleRifle's wood stocks when I complete my own Saiga .223 rifle conversion.

Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Had these for a while but just now got the chance to put up pics.

Two more grips available.

post-6-1153838182_thumb.jpg

Left: My own Ergo style, same pattern as above, but this one is made from thicker stock and is flared sideways. Sort of like an AR-15 but wider overall. $35

Right: Galil style, same as above. $25

Yours will go on the Custom Furniture II thread, as it's a custom order. I'm using this thread to show what I have on hand, right now, available for anyone to buy. A few folks were confused on what was available at what time so I went with an explicit WTS thread that lists only available items.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

That furniture is amazing looking, just what I was looking for on my set up im doing for one of my S-12s/ when the time comes I know who to get it from.

Ohh... And G3, do you also make any butt stocks like A RPK or something? Just seeing if I could just get something like like from you aswell and about how much?

Edited by KY Citizen
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two new grips available, both made from Jatoba wood. Jatoba is very hard and is occasionally substituted for teak. Very smooth surface.

post-6-1161139267_thumb.jpg

Left - My proprietary ergo style, same angle as regular AK grip. Lower price of $30 due to dark mark which may or may not matter to you.

Right - My grooved Zastava pattern 2 fat grip style. More angled back than regular AKM grips. $35.

These styles appear pretty similar, main difference is the angle and a little bit of height. Height difference is exaggerated in the pic due to perspective.

And one more. Possibly the greatest grip I've ever made. I had meant to package this and still may, but here it is offered individually.

post-6-1155869553_thumb.jpg

The wood is cocobolo, one of the more exotic and fine woods used for gun furniture. When used for panel grips for pistols the material price usually isn't so bad, but the more material intesive furniture really adds up. It is very hard and sands to a very smooth surface. The grain is beautiful.

The style is an ambidextrous finger and thumb grooved version of my popular Stoner style.

Price is $50. SOLD (sort of, actually donated)

Edited by BattleRifleG3
BRG3, did you make this full length stock set for Romakdaddy? If so, he called out a design 1 and 2-what's the difference between the two? And last, what is an aprox cost and wait time?

Hey that's pretty shweeeet! :wub:

On that rifle I made the upper handguard (he did the gas tube metalwork) and the buttstock.

On version 2.0 I made the complete 3 piece set. Romakdaddy is an excellent fellow to deal with. Thus far I don't believe we're done revising his setup.

Romak stocks cost and time - that's a good question. I'm planning to speed up production in the coming weeks. I was looking to do a group buy, approx 5 or so. 3 piece sets would be in the high one hundred range, though options would still be available in the group buy.

Romakdaddy's sent some parts for models and for receiver interfaces he's both sent me dimensions and done his own final fitting. Reason to do a group buy would be to justify getting a PSL and being able to fit them myself.

That is sweet and possibly a new shipment of .308 SSG-97's due in soon. That's also a .308 Galil mag in the picture rather than the plastic one they come with. Keep me in mind if you go for it or do a group buy deal (send me an email if possible when it's time).

Mark

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.