SHARK-12 LIVES!!!!!

:super:

GREAT to see you around showin' off your creation again CGuns! I really do miss these days....

LOL @ criminals waking up from their daydream to face down a killer shark! :smoke:

I made em suck concrete face down until the Police showed. Can't believe it took them 15 minutes to show up when we pay for a 90 second response time. I had em lined up in a row face down. Bunch of punk teen druggies looking for laptops and flat screens to pawn for $50 USD each. Detectives showed up and I was out front in the street with Shark-12 pointed down at the perps and they said "What the HELL IS THAT!?!?!"

Sweet looking conversion. At first sight I thought..."How the fuck did he install that stock upside down?" Then I kept reading..haha. Let us know how she shoots!

I have 2500+ rounds through Shark-12 since I purchased it in 2005 and did the conversion a couple months later.

So no problems. I am one of the older Saiga-12 Forum members...just have been busy for the past couple years and wanted to poke my head back in.

IZ-108 with an unthreaded barrel? Very unusual these days. Cool build, man. :up:

I bought two of them like this back in 2005 right after CDNN ran out. Back then, threaded barrels were not available. SHARK-12 is an EAA import.

To be frank, I prefer the EAA versions, aside from the fact that most DID NOT come with a bolt hold open lever.

I just bought an Arsenal "Legion" Saiga-12 from Arsenal Inc.

That thing has a top cover that will only come off with assistance from a flat head screw driver.

And it is stamped "LEGION" which is the In-House Izhmash custom shop that supposedly hand fits everything to the gun and checks sight alignment, etc....

I think that the Arsenal Legion Saiga-12s are misleading and they are advertised as being a "cut above"...same shit if you ask me, just Arsenal as the importer and not RAAC.

I can't complain too much. I removed the piston and saw all of the gas ports were visible so here is to small miracles :beer: :cheers:

GREAT to see you around showin' off your creation again CGuns! I really do miss these days....

LOL @ criminals waking up from their daydream to face down a killer shark! :smoke:

What ever happened to your FANTASTIC AKS-12 build thread that you so bravely typed singe-fingerdly?

I remember that being "The Light" for all of us newby Saiga-12 converters.

I could not have built my Shark-12 or other conversions without your expertly written tutorial. I did not see it stickied on this forum. I hope they saved it.

• Like 1

I had a 580mm barrel on Shark-12 originally. This was the FULLY CHOKED 22.8" factory barrel.

I ended up cutting it down to 19.3" (IIRC) which left it at an improved cylinder diameter...

The early EAA guns that came in with the long barrels fully choked had a tapered choke where the barrel narrowed down the last 4 inches or so....so I used that to my advantage when I chopped the barrel.

It will cycle most birdshot on the Magnum setting as long as it is above 1300 FPS. Winchester black box works great. I can't get the cheap 100 round value packs to cycle on setting "1" or "2" for some reason.

Going to try a new gas plug. Hopefully I will not have to expand the gas ports.

Well.... not my thing, by far, but very creative and well executed. A+

Saiga-12s are not your thing?

It really is no different from any other quality conversion.

I fired a Saiga 12 once.... They are evil black weapons :angel: The stock rubs me a little funky, but the project was creative and well executed. In a nutshell, I don't have to like it, you do, and at least you did a nice clean job of it and didn't hack anything up. A+

Here's the video of when I fired the Saiga 12.... It was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

What ever happened to your FANTASTIC AKS-12 build thread that you so bravely typed singe-fingerdly?

I remember that being "The Light" for all of us newby Saiga-12 converters.

I could not have built my Shark-12 or other conversions without your expertly written tutorial. I did not see it stickied on this forum. I hope they saved it.

Thanks yeah it's here. Stickied in the Conversions and Mods section.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=5178

Yeah I was a noob then. I also used some JB on there and that's OK cause it's still together. Also didn't burn any wood by welding....