Questions about IZ-110 .223 and FBMG (retailer?)

I am in Florida near Orlando, and I want to buy a Saiga .223 rifle for coyote hunting in Michigan. I found www.fbmginc.com and they seem to have ok prices. But their website seems odd, almost like they sell to LE only. But then I see people saying that they are going to buy a rifle from them, so I wanted to know if they are a retailer or a whole seller.

Also I went through the order process and I got to the point to pay with a credit card. Do I need a FFL dealer to handle the rifle for me or does it just get shipped to me? I have never bought a rifle over the Internet as gun shops near me always had what I wanted, but this rifle they only had one of in 7.62x39 and it was beat up badly and they were still trying to sell it for 400.00

well, the owner of that company will probably see this before the end of the week and be able to answer these questions for you.

they are geared for NFA work, but do carry the full line of saiga firearms.

you need the gun shipped to a local dealer to you. you need a signed with INK copy of his FFL to give to fbmginc so that they can verify its authennticity and know where to send it. you go there when it comes in, pay a transfer fee, and your dealer does your background check and then its yours.

watch that your local dealer doesnt try to rip you off. 400 for an unconverted s 7.62x39 that is half shot out is not a good sign. it SHOULD be 200 or less. beware.

FBMG will not need a signed ink copy of your dealer's FFL. That went away about 6 months ago when the ATF issued a letter allowing the use of faxed FFL copies. They later followed it up by allowing e-mailed PDF type files as well.

I have shipped FBMG a few .223 and 7.62x39 Tromix converted rifles recently. I am not sure if they still have them in stock or not. The .223 guns were set up to run on unmodified SAR-3 hi-cap magazines.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

There is a guy that has an FFL about 20 miles away. I don't think he carrys any firearms, but he will do the transfer for 17$. I'll have to give him a call to make sure he still does it, and how to go about it.

I only buy "Nice" rifles, the guns the one shop sells are anything but that.

Anyone know of an honest FFL in the Long Island, Suffolk area to do a transfer? $17 is a steal for a transfer. They want $40 plus tax in my area and they're a bunch of dickheads. This one guy gave me a song and dance about how there is very little inventory of 7.62 x 39 in country and then wanted to sell me a 20 round box of S&B for $8!

Edited by Mudsock
Anyone know of an honest FFL in the Long Island, Suffolk area to do a transfer? $17 is a steal for a transfer. They want $40 plus tax in my area and they're a bunch of dickheads. This one guy gave me a song and dance about how there is very little inventory of 7.62 x 39 in country and then wanted to sell me a 20 round box of S&B for $8!

That wasn't those fucks from Long Island Shooting Center was it? Those are the two biggest fucking crooks in the business. If they have any Veprs for sale there, be advised, they are most likely reported stolen. I reported them since they stole them in a transaction from me.

Try Gunshopfinder to locate a good dealer there.

Oh boy what a week I have had... I went to every gun shop and now the only gun show inside of driving distance.

The gun show was a joke, I have never seen so many people that broke EVERY gun safety rule ever made. The display tables were a danger in themselves, they had live(un-loaded) rifles with no locks or any other safety sitting open, and as a little decorative touch they had dumped live shells in between the rifles. WHY?

More than once I had a rifle dry fired at my head. When I ask the "person" why they did something that stupid they responded with "It's not loaded" proceeding to pull the trigger a few more times, this time aimed at a vendor. DUH I have been shot with an "un-loaded" bb gun before, crap happens too easy with rifles to screw around like that.

I just can't see going to another gun show after this one (My first). I have seen careless people before but these people take the cake. Even the vendors were doing things like checking the chamber while having the rifle leveled at someone.

Now on to the gun shops...

Lets just start by saying I will never buy a firearm from the shops I have been to this week. I was about two questions away from buying a 7.62x39 saiga(do you have ammo, and where is the paper work?), when the owner had to go and help someone else. The other person wanted to know "will this gun shoot through a car" The owner proceeded to help this jackass pick out a nice heavy rifle(30 .06 instead of .223). I watched in shock/horror as they talked about how far out it could kill someone....Not something....SOMEONE. I left as I was getting rather ill at the thought, I always think of rifles as deer hunting or elk hunting. This guy wanted to know about shooting people.

The gun store I go to in Michigan(I am in FL right now) is all about hunting and fishing. The guy that owns it is about as helpful as you can find, he asks what you are hunting and the like. I had never given much thought to blowing away a person, I can't even see talking about it with this guy as he would just tell you to leave. But all the gun shops I went to this week had the "OMEGA MAN" theme to them (odd horror movie from the 70s) I think most of the rifles had mags over 30 rounds, many have drums on them. This all strikes me as funny as I go hunting with five bullets, so the huge mags just scream "I can't aim"

Anyway it looks like I will be ordering it through FBMG and getting it sent to the one shop that I am not disgusted with yet. I just have to wait for uncle sam to send my tax check. I want to get the 21 inch barrel but on their website it seems to say that get more stuff with the 16 inch. Is this true?

PS I understand that people like having drum mags, and other fun toys. I see no use in them for me, I don't care if other people buy them. I just don't like them and I will not buy them for myself.

I will not even COMMENT on the crap at the store and gunshow... there is no need.

As far as 16 vs 21 inch barrels... I dont think the 21's are available yet... I would LOVE to have one, myself... just to HAVE ONE... Although I dont think you would notice too much difference in performance out of the two... that said, since no one has a 21" S-223... we cant say for sure...

Regardless... grab one up... grab ANY one up... you will love it!

:smoke:

From what I read the Saiga .223 seems to be a fair/good rifle. All I need is about a three inch group at around 50 yards, so a 16 inch barrel should do fine. My only issuse with the rifle is that the action is rather open, I can see getting crap (sticks leaves) into it. Does this cause any problems? Also I see that the rifle comes with a 10rd mag, is there a place that sells 3-5 round mags?

As far as the whole gun show deal went, the line "I would'nt trust them with a potato gun" comes to mind. To be fair half the people there were OK. But the other half made me want to duck for cover.

I wish I had the link to videos of people driving over Saigas, dragging them behind trucks thru mud... and the one of taking the top cover off, filling it with sand, putting the cover back on, cycling the action and then shooting a magazine full of ammo out of it...

Those videos are here on the forum SOMEPLACE... look around...

That ease your concerns about a few sticks and leaves?!?!?!!?

There is very little that will stop an AK from working....

As far as a small cap mag... stick a flat piece of thin plywood vertically in between the spring coils of the mag to make a plug... all done. simple as that.

:smoke:

Well thats good to know.

I think you have answered all of my questions. Now on to finding a gun and buying it. I don't think I will be doing any converting on mine as I like the looks and feel of the plain Saiga.

If you can fill it with sand and still fire it, then I should never have a problem.

i have a saiga .223 and i went out and shot it about 2 weeks ago before my barrel threading fuck up and at about 200 yards i was shooting about a 2 inch group with a red dot sight so they will do great at 50 yards. thats just my experance and my .02 I personally think that the saiga rifle, shot gun are the best made ak's