Check this out! Be sure to watch the video. :super:

http://www.tannerite.com

When I was 18 we bought something like that, but they were square foam targets with a peal off sticky back.

Those things were brutal! I've been trying to come with something like that to make exploding targets out of clay pigeons. Tannerite is awesome, but man its expensive. Cool link! :super:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=91&t=267872

ta-da...tannerite for the do it yourself kind of guy, i've went that route and the guy is top notch personally i'm having a bit of a time finding one of the ingredients but i've been assured that its findable.

so far i've made something close, i'm not sure if i didn't use enough of it or if it wouldn't work at all...so we set it up behind an actual bought tannerite and well... lets just say it decided to make one heck of a kaboom :super: so back to the evil labortory this weekend :devil:

i dont know if i want to throw a clay pigeon that is sensitive enough to explode from a trap load while moving......

Hey Bvamp,

I was'nt going to throw them, as cool as that would be. I was just going set them up stationary.

Unless I run a very long string off it....hmmmm.

ha!

i just bought some of those square foam targets yesterday!

they are cool, but hate that you have to hit it within the 1 inch circle to detonate with sound.

any other hit will just burn the target.

Ya they do have a sweet spot, but when you hit them its pretty good.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=91&t=267872

ta-da...tannerite for the do it yourself kind of guy, i've went that route and the guy is top notch personally i'm having a bit of a time finding one of the ingredients but i've been assured that its findable.

so far i've made something close, i'm not sure if i didn't use enough of it or if it wouldn't work at all...so we set it up behind an actual bought tannerite and well... lets just say it decided to make one heck of a kaboom :super: so back to the evil labortory this weekend :devil:

Thats sweet! I'm buying tonight! :super::killer:

Lemme guess what you get for your hard earned :dollar: 10...the 34-0-0 Ammonium Nitrate + Aluminum Powder "Homemade Tannerite" formula. :rolleyes:

that and two other army manuals (improved munitions and military explosives)

as for paying the 10 bucks..well...some of us fell off the turnuip wagon not too long ago..

Lemme guess what you get for your hard earned :dollar: 10...the 34-0-0 Ammonium Nitrate + Aluminum Powder "Homemade Tannerite" formula. :rolleyes:

...and the 95%ammonium to 5%alum powder ratio.

Hey Dinzag, I already knew about the above formula a long time ago, and i wasn't about to pay 10 bucks for it, but for the folks that did...kewl...my question is, do you have an idea where to find the ammonium powder and the aluminum powder in the right "grain" size? thanx, also...look at my post in the pistols section, i want your opinion. thanx again bro.. RK out

Two cheap Chinese manufactured blenders from Wally World (as the "secret" Tannerite Internet recipe specifies), and you can have any grain size you want. :lol:

BTW - it's (the ammonium nitrate) supposed to resemble table salt in consistency if you get it right (if my faulty memory serves me correctly). :unsure:

Two cheap Chinese manufactured blenders from Wally World (as the "secret" Tannerite Internet recipe specifies), and you can have any grain size you want. :lol:

BTW - it's (the ammonium nitrate) supposed to resemble table salt in consistency if you get it right (if my faulty memory serves me correctly). :unsure:

yeah your right, salt grains, got the friggin blender, need somthing to blend!

Last time I got ammonium nitrate, I got it at Agway, as farm fertilizer. it was round granules, though... had to grind them down... another nifty thing about the ammonium nitrate... If you mix the granules with an equal part water, it makes a quick cold pack. Thats what is in all them med kits where I work... squeeze the inner plastic bag, till the water busts, then it mixes with the A.N. and it gets COLD... for about 5 minutes... very cool. :up:

:smoke:

i get my powdered metal from other sources.

yes, the AN is supposed to be crystalised, as in all salt based detonations. why dont we just teach our enemies some stuff while we are at it? hey, how bout I post how to build a chemical weapon? shit, that'd be nice, right? FREEDOM.

come on guys, use discretion.

BE

WARE

I will not allow this topic to go on much further, guys. I hope you all undertand my motives. keep it in private and keep it to who you know. this crap isnt prohibited, but i can bet it is traceable. THINK GUYS. STOP POSTING THIS SHIT. PLEASE. WHY HELP? we all know what it is, what other shit we can make, and so on. so screw them. WHY publish it on the WWW? give me a good and valid reason, and ill allow it here.

e pluribus unem

from many, one

This thread was begun purely in the interest of target shooting, and a novel target. Others have taken it astray, and although it may be naive to assume any state secrets have been revealed, perhaps we've gotten enough mileage out of to the point it can be put to rest. I rely upon the discretion of the moderator. Thanks.

i get my powdered metal from other sources.

yes, the AN is supposed to be crystalised, as in all salt based detonations. why dont we just teach our enemies some stuff while we are at it? hey, how bout I post how to build a chemical weapon? shit, that'd be nice, right? FREEDOM.

come on guys, use discretion.

BE

WARE

I will not allow this topic to go on much further, guys. I hope you all undertand my motives. keep it in private and keep it to who you know. this crap isnt prohibited, but i can bet it is traceable. THINK GUYS. STOP POSTING THIS SHIT. PLEASE. WHY HELP? we all know what it is, what other shit we can make, and so on. so screw them. WHY publish it on the WWW? give me a good and valid reason, and ill allow it here.

e pluribus unem

from many, one

Im just concerned at where the topic COULD go, is all. I think explosive targets are great and all, but I just dont want to see this topic turn into a chemistry class. I guess thats what Im trying to say.

Bvamp, I agree.

Im just concerned at where the topic COULD go, is all. I think explosive targets are great and all, but I just dont want to see this topic turn into a chemistry class. I guess thats what Im trying to say.

I just wanted to save everyone :dollar: 10. ;)

Besides, I think the Iraqi (or Afgahni) insurgents are chemically more advanced at building explosives than "Homemade Tannerite." :lol:

Shit, they use cell phones now for bomb initiators without getting a dropped signal. :super:

But who am I to argue. :unsure:

lighten up on you??? cause of a milk jug full of water?!?!?! oh my...

Come on man... whats wrong with milk jugs full of water? those pop pretty sweet when ya get a good hit!!! :up: I also like soda cans full of water too... those about EXPLODE when you get a solid hit on em... Even with a CCI stinger... you can get a pretty respectable PHOOM! :up: Hells yeah?!?!?

HELLS YEAH!!!!

well, in the interest in not being a commie and preventing loads of explosives information from surfacing, I dont see why "tannerite" shouldnt be discussed at least a LITTLE bit. at least the mixture is simple enough

95% powdered 34-0-0 AN

5% powdered Al

well, in the interest in not being a commie and preventing loads of explosives information from surfacing, I dont see why "tannerite" shouldnt be discussed at least a LITTLE bit. at least the mixture is simple enough

95% powdered 34-0-0 AN

5% powdered Al

what is the "34-0-0" stand for for us non chemistry passing morons? i know AN is ammonia nitrate.

the 34-0-0 designation is a FERTILIZER designation.

34 nitrogen (N), 0 phosphorus (P), 0 potassium (K)

That is 34% nitrogen in the form of ammonium nitrate, as it is related to fertilizing.

for our discussion, the bag contains 100% ammonium nitrate which is what we want... we arent really concerned with the percentage of nitrogen, however, the higher the nitrogen percentage, the more "bang for the buck" sadly, the 34-0-0 mix is the best you can get... and it works... thats what COMMERCIAL BLASTING companies use for major earth moving projects.

The key is in DETONATION... it cant be ignited... it cant be burned... it must be detonated, and sent over the energy curve... once you get it over the curve... you get out a LOT more energy in the chain reaction. Hence the explosive nature of the substance.

Ok... chemistry lesson over. :lol: