Regarding Full Auto 990..............

Full Auto 990,

I haven't visited this board for a few weeks, but I checked in today and I see tons of your posts and mentions of select fire or full auto parts for AK's, etc. Then I see that you are only 16 years old.

We sincerely appreciate new members and anyone that contributes to this board, but you cannot (16 years old or not) give anything to the Anti-Gun people to use against our rights. Imagine if the media found some of your posts and published something.....it would be terrible for every responsible owner a firearm.

I invite you to continue to ask questions and learn, there is a ton of info here on this forum, but please do not ask about very illegal things such as select fire parts and "what if...." statements that can be misleading to someone who isn't familiar with this boards. My advice is to especially learn the laws and regulations, they are your best bet in staying safe and legal.

Being a 16 year old, how do you intend to purchase an AK or Saiga? Others mentioned that you should take a Hunter's Safety course and I applaud their suggestion. Do all you can to be ready for the time that you can buy your own AK.

Again, this is not a flame just a warning and a suggestion to be careful not to discuss illegal and/or controversial topics on these boards. I'm not a moderator, but I feel that I have spend too much time here in the past many months to sit by and watch things like this go on.

So keep up the enthusiasm and the questions so you can keep learning, also use the search button, lots of info.

Thanks,

hartzpad

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

i already did take the hunters saftey course in california, i am aware that full auto is illegal in most cases (class 3 liscense) all i want is a 3shot burst group, and all i have to do is pay my dad the money for the gun, shipping, etc. and then i will have my own AK or AR, for right now i shoot a saiga 7.62x39mm/AK-47 30 round mag. (modified).

I still don't think you understand.....the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol Tabacco and Firearms) considers full auto any trigger group that fires more than one shot with only one trigger pull. Any burst trigger (or tri-burst) is completely illegal. What you can do is buy one of those trigger devices from a gunshow that helps you to fire almost full auto. Those are legal because they only fire one round per trigger pull. If you think anything else is legal, I'm sorry, but you will be subject to a min. $10,000 fine and 5 years in federal prison. Do what you would like, but don't try to get full-auto or even tri-burst info off of this forum, take it elsewhere.

Now, did you add U.S. parts to your Saiga before you started using 30 round magazines? If not you are in violation of section 922r. This states that no foreign made weapon can have a detachable mag over 10 rounds without 10 or less imported parts. So you need to add 5 U.S. made parts to be legal in using a 30 round magazine, doesn't matter where you live, it applies to all states.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

so you are trying to say when a person gets his class 3 liscense , it is still illegal for full auto? we shaved the mag catch and filled the gap with epoxy. and it is 4 parts to be correct. the only u.s. part i know of is a bullet guide from k-var.

so you are trying to say when a person gets his class 3 liscense , it is still illegal for full auto? we shaved the mag catch and filled the gap with epoxy. and it is 4 parts to be correct. the only u.s. part i know of is a bullet guide from k-var.

im not sure if you understand how class 3 works... its not like you can get a license and buy all the restricted weapons you want, there is no actual license. each time you want to purchase a fully automatic weapon, you have to put in the proper paper work, and wait 6 months. even then, its not garunteed that you will be able to buy the gun. if the cleo says you can, then you pay a $200 tax transfer, and then you pay for the gun

also, where are you going to get the money for a gun?

and are you aware that your dad cannot buy you a gun? that is a straw purchase, and its illegal. he can buy himself a gun, and let you use it.

I'd gather that the Saiga 7.62 FA990 is talking about is in violation of 922r. It sounds like he/they had modified the mag catch lever and added a bullet ramp. Though the bullet ramp isn't included in the list of parts, I'd still like to point out that if he got the ramp from K-Var, it's most likely not American made and probably Romanian or Bulgarian manufacture anyway.

We all know straw purchases are illegal... FA990, I know your father loves you but is he willing to go to prison for you and be classified as a felon for the rest of his years so that you can have a firearm before you're legally able to own one?

On burst fire components and the creation of burst fire weapons via modification or building... that requires a class II if I'm not mistaken and it's not exactly easy to obtain. Fedreal law states that aside from that, manufacture of any F/A firearms is illegal. If I'm also correct, a F/A firearm manufactured under a class II is not transferrable except to Militar or LEO use. Install any parts that allow you to fire more than one round per pull of the trigger and you're looking at some serious trouble with the BATFE. Legalities aside, it's also dangerous to do that work yourself. Are you an experienced and competent gunsmith? Lots to consider kid.

That's about all the data you'd probably get on F/A weapons from this forum. I think I can safely say we're all law abiding citizens here and F/A manufacturing is not within our scope of discussion. I like this forum. It's one of only three firearm forums I participate in. Don't darken it with illegal considerations.

I am glad someone spoke up. I have been noticing some "iffy" stuff here concerning Full Auto 990.....which makes me nervous. I am primarily a lurker here and only once in a while have a post. Great forum though.

From what I understand, a non-pistol grip Saiga can take high cap mags with 4 U.S. parts. Either way, Full Auto 990 is a minor, and God help anyone who provides a minor with a firearm and THEY commit a crime with it. :unsure:

Honestly, I just was just lurking around, and he worries the heck out of me. I mean he is asking for ILLEGAL info, to use on an ILLEGAL weapon.

I like this site, I've checked it every day for about 2 months now. I don't want to see it die, or be used as propaganda.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

no one has provided me a weapon! and im not asking for illegal info. illegal info would be how do i shave my trigger group so that it does full auto. all i asked was what web site sold these trigger groups. its not illegal to give out websites.

Technically, most info is legal, it's performing certain tasks that isn't. ...But respectable people here don't like you asking all the time, over and over how to convert things. It makes them feel uncomfortable/irresponsible explaining it to a young person. I recommend learning legal things first and let your dad worry about full auto, etc, if he gets a special licsence.

P.S. Sorry about your dad, AIR FORCE and all.... :haha:

Full auto, unless your dad is a class 3 SOT, the only trigger groups you are going to be able to use are used ones , and I doubt you could even find that. In order for you to get a new one, he would probably need a "love letter" from a police department, and be an SOT. And if he is an SOT, tell him that there are things much cooler than a F/A ak. :killer:

And to my knowledge, stuff like that for an ak that is pre 86 non dealer only is probably very very rare.

And I don't think you can own mg's in cali, and I believe things like bmf activators (and probably tac triggers are illeagal too)

Edited to correct a small mistake.

Edited by DoubleD

See the kid is just fishin' for anything wrong and stupid - like I said in one of these post strings. Just hopin' one of us'll tell him. He's the kinda kid that i dread running into at my local shooting spot.

And that's the last I'll give any attention to the kid even talking about him makes me feel like i've wasted my time.