How accurate are the Stock 223's

Well, I will not back down from my comment about shooting neighbors dogs... I *WILL* admit that were they to be violent/mean and be threatening to me or my family... then something needs to be done...

"Honest officer... I threw that sponge out the other night with the garbage... yeah, I cleaned up the spilled gravy with it... How did I know if a dog ate a gravy saturated sponge it could die?!?!? It's not *MY* fault the irresponsible neighbor allows it to roam loose and get into other peoples garbage... I feel so bad for that "poor puppy"...."

There are always ways around "shooting the neighbors dog."

I still do not agree about "bragging about it" on a public gun forum, though....just in bad taste....

:smoke:

OK, I will take the caining for my post, but when you wlak out into your yard, and by the fricking way, we just built a new house, had the yard landscaped, and the "friendly neighbors" have too many dogs to be able to feed them or properly maintain them. I and others on our road have asked them to keep their dogs in their own yard, many times, but when their dogs think it's OK to knock over our garbage cans and have a feast, at my exspense, and they owners tell me to clean it up myself, you may be right, I should shoot the owner and give the dog a good ass whipping. And when my wife walk out of our house and their dogs are in our yard and growl at us, OUR LOCAL law says we can cap thier ass. We have one dog and 2 cats, they all have yearly shots and are NOT allowed to roam free. So if a worthless neighbor is going to get offended by my post, maybe he should be a more responsible owner/caretaker of his animals. Evidently they don't care too much, he hasn't had the balls to say anything. DON'T get me wrong, I'm not saying shoot ANY dog in your yard, but when they become a problem and the owner is even more of one, well, then take care of the problem. I have many copies of sheriff reports about these dogs tearing up our garden, Ya Know, VEGTABLES, things we eat, and everytime I shot a dog or cat, I'd call the sheriff and tell them I did it, what was going on and why I did. After a while, they even got pissed at me calling. But down here, we protect what is ours, and it will stay ours. Your dog bites me,my wife, or my grandkids, you better hope you go to jail and become BUBBA'S bitch. The sheriff, 2 weeks ago hauled off 54 Pit Bulls that where used for fighting from the property next to us. If you are going to have a dog, BE RESPONSIBLE for it. Our puppy is a member of our family, NOT something to be left outside to fend for it's self, or staked on a 3 foot chain, used as an early warning system against the cops. But I guess it goes back to the mentallty of " the govsement owes me and I's can does as I's wants, cause youse gots more thans I dos". My wife and I work 12-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, we own our own business, and ain't nobody going to take or destroy what we have worked HARD to have.

I'll get off my soap box now and lower my blood pressure. Sorry if I offended any tree huggers or Bill or Hillery types. I'll just keep picking up the garbage from the yard..........NOT.

what about cats?

I once asked my best friends Grandfather what we were supposed to do with the carcasses... he replied in a voice I cannot replicate with just text... as it really should be heard to be appreciated...

"Just take a few steps and THROW...."

:lol:

As far as your rant Termite... you are welcome to rant, and as you go into more details, as long as you are within the law... go for it... :up:

As far as how the neighbors treat their dogs, I find that even worse... and although I personally do not agree with shooting them ( the dogs, not the neighbors... as the neighbors would be in a deep hole in a swamp someplace...) if thats what needs to be done... do what ya gotta do. :up:

My dogs ( all 3) have all been well cared for, vet checkups, shots, etc... REGULARLY.. I even WENT next door and picked up trash when my dog was ACCUSED of doing it... even though I knew for a fact she did not! ( needless to say, the black lab that was guilty of it was found dead in the road a month later... and the neighbors trash NEVER had another problem! go figure....) I certainly do not agree with irresponsible pet ownership. Dogs are like children/family members when cared for right... they dont deserve that sort of treatment that too many people give them...

I guess I have been up north too long, and I forget that it may not be "VERY ILLEGAL" to shoot a dog in other places... if the conditions are right...

In NY... you get caught shooting a dog for ANY REASON... your ass is going to jail. I dont agree with that law either... and I can come to agreement with your rant and in thinking about it a little more... I would probably be inclined to do the same, if the local LEO folks wouldnt do anything about it first... so... No caning needed... ( although I still dont really agree with blabbing about it, :lol:)

go figure... :lol:

what about cats?

I once asked my best friends Grandfather what we were supposed to do with the carcasses... he replied in a voice I cannot replicate with just text... as it really should be heard to be appreciated...

"Just take a few steps and THROW...."

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol::up:

Gotta love grandparents :)

They don't last long around my place - nature's garbage men take care of em pronto - vultures, coyotes and fire ants.

Edited by O.S.O.K.
Gotta love grandparents

They don't last long around my place - nature's garbage men take care of em pronto - vultures, coyotes and fire ants.

I am sorry to hear your grandparents went so abruptly! thats a shame... :lol:

Just kidding... It does sound like you mean the vermin get your grandparents, though! hahahahaha :up:

hey ranger do you know what kind of rifle would be good for like a beginner target shooter?

I would start out with a good 22, for the money cz can't be beat. Also make sure that you are with your parents, and that they buy it, and that you use it only under their supervision. I would not like to see ANYONE here at this site, get in trouble , you or anyone else, for being underage , and buying a gun. Also you may want to check your states law's , or heck, if you have a walmart or gunstore in your area , the people there can probably tell you how old you must be in your state, to own a rifle. Now 22 rifles are a little different, since they are looked upon as sporting, plinking type rifles etc. so make sure you know , first.

Gotta love grandparents

I am sorry to hear your grandparents went so abruptly! thats a shame... :lol:

Just kidding... It does sound like you mean the vermin get your grandparents, though! hahahahaha :up:

yeah it does! :lol: :lol: I meant the dead cats of course :)

Cats now total 24, I took the first 10 to the shelter, that's when they told me they where just putting them down. The lady asked me where I was getting them, I said "out of my fricking yard". These where some wierd looking critters, some with big heads like a bobcat, some cross eyed and wild as hell. We had 2, on 2 different times try to tear the screen off the window in the living room. Scared the crap out of me and my wife, I thought someone was breaking in, I sent her to the bedroom closet to be with the 308, 223, and 20 with orders that if anyone opened the door, SHOOT TO KILL. I came around the side of the house with the 410 and spot light, and didn't see a thing, then heard the growl, that bastard was at the top step and first reflex was SHOOT, but brains told me, you'll trash the poarch and house, so I caught him running down the sidewalk, I'm just damn glad the Saigas shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, because he only made it about 10 feet.

As for the dog thing, the law here says if you are on your property and a dog is growling at you like it may bite, or you're feeling in danger, you have the right to cap it. Don't get me wrong, the dog I call a member of our family, was one that didn't EVEN flinch when I popped 2 rounds from the .223 right in front of her, she actually walked right past me, to the back door, as if to say "if you are thru being stupid, I'm hungry". She currently has taken control of our household and we refer to her as "THE QUEEN", I just say she's got balls bigger than I ever dreamed of having, and she only wieghs about 4 pounds, but almost took off the pest guys ankle yesterday when he came to spray, she was just doing what I told her "protect ya momma".

Animals are the SAME as children, if you are going to have one, take the responsibility to take care of it and trane it, and for those who disagree, YES, you have to TRANE them, TO BE RESPECTABLE citizens, not thugs.

It doesn't make me happy to shoot an animal, but most of the times, I knew I was doing what was best, and I will say again,maybe I should have shot the owner, because animals are like kids, they only know what they are taught.

The pit bull guy is in jail with 4 charges, 2 of traffing smoke,2 with trafficing cocaine, NO BOND,but no mention of the 54 dogs, what's wrong with this picture????

Another thing to keep in mind here is the ammo you use to begin with...

No matter HOW ACCURATE a rifle is... poor quality ammo will screw you every time.

For example... I was shooting my converted Saiga with 16" barrel and a scope... With WOLF 55G. JHP I was LUCKY to get 6" groups at 50M... and 1 FOOT groups at 100M!!!! I was SO Pissed... I actually took off the scope and tossed it in the junk box after going home pissed off from the range...

A month later I took two S.223's to the range... with iron sights, and more of the same wolf ammo... as well as the 20" AR15, and several other flavors of ammo, including several flavors of black hills stuff...

I found out that the saigas would shoot 1" groups EASILY with the iron sights with the black hills ammo... some groups even better, except for my poor shooting... The AR15, which will do 1 hole groups of 5 rounds at 50M... with good ammo would shoot the wolf in 3 and 4 inch groups at 50M!!!!!

Come to find out, there was nothing wrong with my Saiga .223... I was using SHITTY AMMO!!! It wouldnt even shoot out of the AR15!!!!

The Saigas BOTH shot black hills ammo wonderfully with the iron sights!!!

Needless to say... The Wolf JHP whatever batch this was... is garbage.... I have had good luck with other wolf .223 ammo... just not this particular batch... so figure that accordingly...

AS WITH ANY RIFLE.... Find an ammo flavor that it shoots well and stick with it... once you get it tuned right... its a winner... kinda along the lines of... if its broke dont fix it... If it works well, why fuck with it?!?!?

NO JHP out of my saigas any more... unless its to blast away with for kicks and no need for accuracy potentials...

yes yes, i agree, black hills is wonderful in mine as well, also the winny 45 grn varmints, are sub moa capable. Now if i only could find a russian round called TCW, 56 grn,polymer tipped, soooo nice! only found them once, could only buy 5 boxes. Shoulda went back and bought them all.

My neighbors are always bringing home some new dogs. I don't shoot them, I shoot at them. I doesn't take long for them (the dogs :angel: )to learn to stay on there side of the fence. If they are out far enough I will dust them with a little bird shot. I live out in the country and can only see one house from mine, and as my luck would have it that one is only 30 feet or so from mine. I'd love to get my hands on whoever built that house so close to the one I live in now. Mine was built around 1850. That one was probably built in the 1970's.

Yankees.

Edited by PanchoVilla

I'd be checking my property lines on the survey. 30 feet is less than from here where I'm typing to our bedroom. I'd hate having to live to someone that close. Evidently you are up north, they build within 1" of each other. We are in the middle of 400 ft of road frontage, 210 feet off the road up on our hill, bad thing about that is the "talking" from the drunk rednecks, echoes up the hill. Last weekend, some guy down the road was giving his "wife" hell. What we heard was "you're --cking a 41 year old man" then slap slap slap, scream, sirens, drunk runs, drunk gets caught in thornes, sherriff laughs his ass off. This bastard was crying like a baby for them to help him, sherrif "BOY if you don't get your ass (laugh) out of them thorns, we'll just sit here all night until you do" Chalk one up for the good guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I would watch too much bragging about shooting neighbors dogs... that could get all sorts of people up in a tiff... especially those that like their dogs... not to mention, its VERY ILLEGAL to shoot any dog...

I know if I found out one of my neighbors shot my dog... I would be plenty pissed off...whether my dog got into their shit or not... I would probably wind up in jail with them...

Lets just not mention such things... that would be all for the better...

Not true (it is not illegal to shoot dogs) - perhaps in NY, but not TX. In fact, the county extension agency in my area sent-out a flyer a couple of years back asking people to shoot ferrel dogs. They are a big problem as they run cattle, kill newborn calves and can breed with coyotes creating hybrids that are even worse. They also have a propensity to get rabbies as they get bit by rabbid racoons, etc.

And as to shooting neighbor's dogs, I would suggest that some people are very irresposible about letting dogs roam freely. I had a neighbor that let their chow dog mix and her grown pups (80 pounders) run around in our area. After the bitch came into our yard and growled at one of my kids, it developed a severe case of lead poisoning (Romanian SKS). And I don't feel at all bad about this. They never came looking for her either. They really didn't care and never should have had the dogs in the first place IMO.

I don't really like shooting dogs, but I've had to take a few out that were problems (agressive). I am really a dog lover (we have two) but people need to be responsible with their dogs and certainly not let agressive dogs run loose.

Now ferrel cats on the other hand... :D

+1+ w/O.S.O.K. I'm from TX also and had problems with dogs/ferals killing & maiming livestock and pets. We do have the right to protect life and livestock out in the rural areas. Much different in the cities.