Chips: You sound like a real patriot, I'm glad you support your country's soldiers. Don't get carried away though! while I was mobilized last year, I worked a few different jobs which included the reception battalion that new recruits first come to for Basic training. I've seen em all and I feel sorry for them because they don't know what's in store for them. DON'T buy into all the red white and blue BS that recruiters sell ya. I wouldn't go back to active army for anything. Maybe you'll like it, maybe it's your perfect job, but I can tell you that it isn't the patriotic thing everyone else sees on the outside...its a life changing choice that will introduce misery and death. Do some thinking for yourself and follow your heart.

i dont believe a word the recruiters say... my father has been in the military for almost 30 years now, and ive talked to him about it. the recruiters seem to lie quite a bit to get more people to sign up.

either way, ive been talking to several people that are enlisted, and only one of them didnt like the experience. i have a pretty good idea of what is in store for me. im not sure what im going to do yet, but im going to have to make a decision in the next few months.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in America 100%. no matter what we are right and just people and can and WILL adapt to any situation. we are more powerful than ancient rome was now, so much that we try to help people, in part because we have citizens of our land that are from where we go to. I think in due course, (which is going to not be much fun for any man, I think) we shall prevail. I live free, and so should every other person on the face of this earth.

Edited by Bvamp

Chips: Well, good luck man. I'm glad you're not a victim of the blinders of waiving flags like some of the guys I see. If you have any questions regarding basic training or what not let me know. I'm sure your dad went through one that was alot different than mine.

Bvamp: We didn't mess with M4s when I went through, they weren't out yet. We had the regular M16A2s. Never had that problem anyway. The ones you learn on in Basic Training are WELL broken in and not the most accurate things in the world, but decent to shoot, sling around, and get muddy in an FTX. Certainly wouldn't treat my new AR that way!

Just a little thought for everybody: Don't be ignorant of our nation's past, when you see terrorists, don't try to rationalize their actions in a vacuum, they are pissed for a reason, and not because they are "evil." We are members of a great and powerful country that I love, but I do not pick the wars, and neither do the rest of the citizens here, we just fight them. I think a good lesson on the History Channel would do alot of people in this country some good...especially those that share the opinion of "we are the good guys, they are evil scum and should be nuked, etc." I think people get this way by formulating their stance from the "facts" reported in US media. I can tell you, CNN is not an unbaised news source! Research your own, THINK for yourselves. ...No country sees itself as the bad guy.

Chips, We are all free today because good men have come forward and placed themselves in harms way.Those who serve in the armed forces are truely 'america's best'. Many of us here have served. It was my honor to have been an engineman on a deisel submarine. I enlisted rather than be drafted,because draftees were being sent to fight in a 'corporate' war where we could never win,because there was no justification for us to be there.The information given to congress (gulf of tonkin incident) has been proven to be a total lie.However the OTHER war (COLD) was also going on and that one HAD to be won. Serve your country if you hear the call,God bless and keep You. But choose wisely where and when. GET EVERYTHING In WRITING. A verbal promise from a recruter is not worth the paper it is printed on! When we came home we were reviled and treated poorly I promise I will never let our veterans be treated like that again.Regardless of where men and women serve they still the best and finest americans. I will save my venom for the the lying,nonserving cowards that screwed this whole thing up.(none of them ever put their lives on the line for this country).

G O B

Edited by G O B

Bvamp why would I hate you for having an opinion and exercizing your right to free speach? That right is what seperates us from those who are not free. The whole idea of america is that wether I agree with your opinion or not has nothing to do with the fact that I will die to protect your right to express it. What does get my anger flowing are those who claim that anyone not sharing their opinion is un-american. Democracy should never be nice and quiet-the free exchange of ideas is at it's best at FULL VOLUME. Congress is way too "civilized" they need to watch the BBC and learn to scream at each other .

G O B

(p.s. as you get older you will find that the best friends are those who you do argue with it keeps you 'real' if you never dissagree either someone is giving in or they are just INCREADIBLY BORING!)

GOB- I agree with you, Iraq in the begining, was an attempt to correct past US screwups not part of the war on terror. BUT it sure the hell is now!!!! I have numerous aquaintances from the mideast (they all hate Iraq) and they tell me that every malcontent and anti-american SOB is headed to Iraq to kill the Great Satan(US). Let them fight us, fight and die!!! I pity the poor soul who goes up against the U.S. military.

BVAMP- You are right most people from the third world middle eastern countries are animals but we are just a better class of animals here.

Seal the borders!!! We have enough people here already!!!

If they had sealed the borders most of us would not be here. Just ask the american indians about failed immigration policy! As americans most of us were run out-thrown out-starved out or whatever from every country in the world!

Who are we---we are the unwanted/unwashed/bastard children/untouchables ect.

The world thinks we are not quite civilized-they are right of course but we have proven time and again that we can out-ANYTHING ANYBODY!!!!

Sealing our borders will never be practical or even DOABLE. What we need is to all be vigilant,and also make shure that the land of the free stays free. The founding fathers understood that freedom is is made of equal parts of justice and anarchy.Less laws will always be better than more laws we need to shift more of the responsibility for our security to ourselves and less to "security forces'. Most repressive regimes refer to their enforcers as 'security forces'.

G O B

KySoldier:

USS Liberty was not sunk but limped into Malta for repairs after it was repeatedly attacked by Israeli fighter bombers and torpedo boats. 34 sailors were killed and 172 wounded. The Israelis claimed it was a case of mistaken identity which is a bald faced lie! They knew exactly what they were doing! IMHO we should've bombed Tel-Aviv in retaliation.

Check out this site: http://www.ussliberty.org

Oh come on, that's a little bold...we were spying on them right off their coast, lets not forget what that ship was designed to do. We'd sink anything that laid off our coast long enough. And it's not like we learned anything from that attack, look at the spy plane that China caught and dismantled at their leisure...remember that? Lets not forget the capturing of Powers when his U2 spy plane was shot down by the Soviets. I'm not judging anybody's actions here...it's a dangerous game that our CIA finds to be worth playing.

KySoldier:

Wether you realize it or not, attacking any ship in international waters is both piracy and an act of war! The Liberty was in the open sea. The Israelis thought that USS Liberty was gathering info and transmitting it to the Egyptians. For the life of me I don't know why, since we have always backed them in their fight for the right to exist..

The Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was coldly calculated and executed. If you saw the ship that the Liberty was supposedly mistaken for, you would laugh your head off. My Granny could tell the difference! One thing the Israelis are not is stupid and mistaking the USS Liberty for anything but a US Naval vessel is pure stupidity. So, their explanation doesn't wash.

Edited by Tengu

I agree completely. We need to stop supporting the Israelis they way that we do. Its like some unconditional, promised thing that we are bound to them, and its not right.

I realize that it was against international law to attack our ship, but I don't think our country is in any position to cry about international law, we may be known by some as a country that fights for peace, and that may be true, but we also do what we want to get our desired outcome...who are we to judge another country for doing the same, that's all I'm saying. We've done plenty of questionable things, this current war with Iraq for one, why is it OK for us to take over another country against the advice/support/approval of our allies, NATO, or the UN?

Edit:

I do agree with Bvamp, support of Israel's illegal actions needs to stop.

Edited by KySoldier
I agree completely. We need to stop supporting the Israelis they way that we do. Its like some unconditional, promised thing that we are bound to them, and its not right.

Not to be prejudiced here, but do you think it might have something to do with the fact of how many Jews we have in this country who hold high ranking government and media positions?

yehp, same as the number of muslims is why we fight for them in iraq now too. same as when there are problems in africa, or wherever else. its because they live among us too. EXACTLY why we should say WE are HERE and THEY are THERE. if they are HERE, then they are not THERE. seems pretty damn simple if you ask me.

Bvamp,

Are you shitting me? :D. Now just how many "Muslim" last names do you actually see in American government & media as compared to Jewish surnames? :lolol:

Just look at the anti-gun big-wigs in the government (not even touching American media here) - "Feinstein," "Schumer," "Lautenberg," "Spector." etc. (I can probably keep going here without too much extra thought), all fine Jewish surnames the lot of them. Now how many "Chakka-Fattas" or "Farrakhans" (or variations Muslim thereof) do you see as compared to them?

Yes, there are a lot of Muslims living over here (not counting the Afro-American "wanna-be's" that just adopt Muslim last names). Hell, I'll even go out on a limb here to say there are more Jews living over here (and spread out thru the rest of the world controlling money and media) than are probably living in the ole "Ard al Makdasa" right now. :rolleyes:

and my point is, if they all live HERE, why the frig do we have to go over THERE? we just let them in our country. either we go fight over THERE and keep these people THERE, or we let them in HERE and keep our boys and jobs HERE. we need to pick one and stick with it. I think people assume because they CAME FROM some place else, that this country is obligated to defend that other place like it was our home here. and that aint right if you ask me. why the f are we fighting for THEM? lets stick to our own fights. either shit or get off the pot.

Hi Bvamp,

Well, that's the million dollar question you asked right there. :D

We fight for them because we are part of something called the U.N. (which we (the United States) should get out of post-haste, IMHO). If the United States wouldn't get involved every time there was an uprising in some third world $hithole, the rest of our (usually liberal) U.N. "allies" (who never seem to want to pitch in to help us in our peacekeeping efforts, BTW) would start raising stink about how a powerful nation like the U.S. can just sit back and let "atrocities" like that continue to happen in that third world $hithole (even though being dead would probably be an improvement for most of the "natives" in places like that :-)). Then, when the United States finally reluctantly does get involved, the natives of that third world $hithole (after being fed well and doctored up by the good old U.S.) start getting "froggy" about all of the armed humanitarians (i.e. - American soldiers) the U.S. has sent over (who are usually there to keep both factions from continuing to kill each other as the humanitarian aid is being rendered to them), and start throwing rocks (and carbombs) at the (U.S. soldier) humanitarians too. Now, if that wasn't bad enough, when the humanitarians (or U. S. soldiers) start getting tired of all of the carbombs and rocks being thrown at them by these third world turdmonkeys while they are just trying to be nice to them and help them out a bit (and maybe shoot a few bullets at them or "bitchslap" a few of them to get them to maybe behave a little) our (usually worthless) liberal U.N. ally buddies get wind of this (thanx usually to the traitorous liberal American media) and start raising holy hell again how "brutish" and "uncivilised" the United States military is being to these poor, downtrodden, innocent (turdmonkeys) ooops, I meant to say "victims" there. :lolol:

Admit it, as long as the United States is forced (or suckered in) to believe it must help everyone else on the planet out of their self-induced problems (while the rest of the Western allies sit around blowing smoke with their thumbs up their collective asses), we're always going to be the ones pi$$ed and shat on by everybody else. We're never going to become an "isonationalist" country locking our borders to anyone who wants to come into it (the liberals would howl if that were ever contemplated), and since we are too "humane" now to execute terrorist scumbags that slip in or drop some well-deserved nukes on problem areas of the planet were nothing good will ever come out of anyway (thanx again to the liberal mindset that seems to be prevading everything), it's going to become alot darker before it ever has a chance to get any better.

The only thing we can ever hope for now is a plauge of some type that only targets stupid people (the chronically violent and people who let their emotions get in the way of thinking logically). :chris:

Edited by Gaddis

We are in a war based on BOLD FACED LIES. Anyone with an IQ in positive numbers should have known that the clowns in iraq couldn't have 10 tons of chemical weapons that could be delivered in 45 min. These morons would have killed half their own army mishandling that stuff. We do know where 200 to 400 nuclear warheads are located. They are in the middle east country that gets the largest share of U.S. militery aid. The only country that can use U.S. military weopons on civilians without having U.S. support cut off, in clear violation of U.S. law. The people who run that government represent only a small minority of their own citizens. We are in grave danger of the same thing happening in america. Where are the leaders that represent the people? We are constantly given the choice of wich rich ivy leauge ideolouge to vote for. The media are owned by an increasingly smaller group of increasingly wealthy people. The news is "spun' to produce the greatest profit for the parent corporation. THANK GOD AND AMERICAS VETERANS THAT I AM FREE TO BITCH ABOUT IT ALL!!!

The american fighting man/woman are the best of the best. The civilian leadership is clueless. Let's demand better. I want to see the failed leadership on trial NOT the poor PFC that was only trying to do their duty.

Sorry to get off track there. My point is that iraq is a HUGE mis-calculation. We are currently engauged in in many wars and police actions that are just and necessary for the future of freedom and to preserve justice as the american ideal.

We must do it over there ,as 'sealing our borders' is ridiculos-there are 8-10 MILLION illegal immigrants in the U.S. As long as they are here because this is the home of freedom and oppurtinity and they come to share our dream we will be just fine. HOWEVER when we become the bully and those in power here are not held accountable for their actions the forces of hate and repression will gain credibility. When that happens we will more and more be fighting them over here.

Remember those who gave all for our freedom on this memorial day. May we all be worthy of their sacrifice.

G O B

I like what you older guys have to say....

We all should tip one aloud for the fallen that gave thier lives so that we did not have to, this and each Memorial Day.

Edited by Bvamp

Even though I agree with 99% of what you posted GOB, just remember what crazy old Saddam did to the Kurdish people of his country (and realize that just a few ounces of certain biotoxins (not tons) could wreak havoc if it was released over here (he was nutty enough to try it and had enough nuts following him who would have been willing to do it)). The Russians still can't account for most of their biological, nuclear, and chemical stockpile since their collapse over there. :unsure:

And yeah, big thanks go out to all our veterans (living and dead!) for being able live in a great country such as this! (opinionaited a$$hole that I usually am! :rolleyes: ). I know the first few ounces of whatever alchoholic intoxicant I happen to pop open this Memorial day weekend will be poured on the ground in their honor. :super: