Hello, I should be getting my Saiga 12ga. sometime tomorrow, so I thought why not check a few forums to see what all people are doing with them. This one seemed to be the most active of those that I found. I'm on dialup so my 2 hour search of forums led me to two. the other didn't come up with a whole lot that was from the last year and this one has some recent stuff so here I am. I don't know a whole lot about guns, but I know which end is dangerous and can hit the target about 40% of the time. (with a rifle)

This is going to be the first shotgun I have owned, and the first Saiga in the area where I live, so I'm sure I'm going to have questions.

I hope to not annoy too many people unless they deserve it, and I hope to be able to back up my arguments and not come off as a rambling wacko. but anyway, seems to be a nice place you have here, just remind me to clean up after myself.

hey, guy, im the hated one here, and its cool with me. LOL. ask away. these are some of the most knowledgeable people on guns (shotguns rule by the way) that i have ever met on the net, in person, anywhere. somebody will have an answer for you.

go to walmart (if thats close to you) or your dealer, and get a case of skeet loads for 30 bucks. you should have a bruised shoulder and a shit eating grin on your face when you are done with those, plus you might tend to talk louder for a day or two. :) let us know how it works out for you after that :) welcome, from the head troller....I own a lot of guns, and I love my saiga12.....

Edited by Bvamp

the bruise shouldn't be as bad as the one from my Vepr. they have a ribbed pattern on the shoulder part of the stock. works like a meat tenderizer on your shoulder, I had a nasty chewed looking bruise for the better part of this week. finally went away a day or two ago. now I'm ready for the next one. :D

Welcome ATD

This IS the best SAIGA site. I'm G O B (grumpy old basterd) we will steer you straight. I LOVE my SAIGA-12. This is the smoothest scattergun I have ever shot. The SAIGA-12 has very little recoil-a slip on recoil pad and a blackjack green bufferpad,and then shoot as many rounds as you can afford. Mine has less kick shooting 00 buck than the damn expensive range berretta using "target" loads.

I wonder about your veper, is that one of the short recoil type?Saiga's have long recoil,wich is why it is so smooth.I am waiting for 30-06 veper/saiga 100.If vepers kick harder than my 03-A3, I may have to go with the saiga 100.(EAA still says nov. I am hoping for Xmas present)

G O B

ummm I'm not sure about the short vs long recoil on the Vepr. the springs look to be about the same length but the Vepr does have about 2-3 inches shorter of a stock, with a narrower end with the meat tenderizer for a pad.

Anyway I just got back from trying it out, took it over to a friends house and we took turns trying to hit a pop bottle and a slim fast can. We had a bit of trouble trying to get the lead on it right since you can't see the barrel when aiming. but we turned the can inside out then went to a little trap shooting and got it pretty well figured out. It's alot of fun, last time I shot was with a pump and you were lucky to get 2 shots off before they hit the ground, with this thing 3 is no problem with time to cuss your bad aim before it hits. my best today was 3 out of 5 and my buddy was 4 for 5. and I mowed a section of grass for him :)

anyway you guys can add another happy Saiga owner to the list :super:

Glad to have you on board. Hope you enjoy your S-12 as much as me. Bvamp (who really isn't "hated"), G O B, and I, are some of the members who frequent this board most. Be glad to answer questions and swop (?) stories on Saigas and other weapons.

:smoke: Hi ATD and welcome to the forum,and by the way hi to KY bvamp,gob and everyone else-I am back after rebuilding frankenstein-my pc. still doing the#&*%$&$*%&^%@$# job hunt! i do not own a saiga yet because I am still living in UUUGGGHHH!!! Kommiefornia-dammit I need out of here! From every one on this site you are going to be in great hands if you need help. I own some AK weapons,shotguns,old WW@ rifles etc and I sometimes am able to toss in my pennies' worth also.but have a look at the various topics and such and enjoy the tips,jokes,some bashing,etc. Hey who lives in Pennsylvania again-I remember the state was going to pass a law worse than what I have to deal with-what happened -did it pass :huh::huh::huh: