Got my S12 back from RAA

Just got my two back also. Did yours arrive with some stupid letter saying that the S12 was modified and might not function well with game loads? Mine did. Not that its much of a concern, but what happened?

That letter was sent out with the returns, but it makes no sense.

The difference in barrel length from what it should of been at 19 inches and what it ended up as at 18.5 makes little difference as to gas piston pressure.

I thought that they were having full chokes silver soldered on which should negate most of the issues with the shorter barrel. I have an older model that I cut down and threaded to 18 1/4" and about the only thing

I've had FTE issues with is low brass #7 with cyl bore (I did open up the 3 gas port holes slightly).

Ler r rip and see what happens.

Has everyone who sent their Saiga's in gotten them back?

That would be a NO. I just spoke to RAAC and the person said 70 or so guns are awaiting the ATF inspectors approval including mine. He said the inspector "should" be in this week to release those guns. He also said 70 or so guns still had not been returned for the required modification but that this would not hold up the guns awaiting inspection. Im so over this shit....Ive moved on to biulding my AK kits and stopped fretting over this BS.