My .308 Conversion to MilSpec AK

Very nice!!! :up: :up:

Thats a sharp lookin rifle, there... I am always fond of the simplistic conversions... I think they have better, sexier lines, than all the hyped up tactical tweaks out there nowadays...

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sweet! That is the perfect conversion of the .308 carbine IMHO.

And I too am curious as to how the gas block, fsb were installed. The fsb looks to be Bulgarian - if you could measure the barrel diameter just behind the fsb and report, that would be appreciated.

I have a .308 on the way and after some initial confusion (due to the way it was listed) I am getting a carbine (they listed it as having a 22" barrel and showed three pics - one with long barrel and no mag and two with the mag and short barrel and had a note saying - is the rifle shown in 2nd and 3rd pic with long mag)... Anyway, I want a carbine regardless, so this is good.

But I am planning to do the conversion and was thinking of installing an AK-74 type brake (like you have on your rifle) and so, I'm curious as to how this was done. Specifically, do I need to replace the fsb or can I just move the issue fsb back some and thread the barrel....

Oh, please. Troy is your buddy! You know he is taking care of you. Very nice build.

-----------------

The work was done by Troy Sellars of InRange......He's sending me a bill..............I'm scared to look also...........

Whatever the cost, it was well worth it.