Gov. Bush Signs Gun Owner List Bill

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Gov. Jeb Bush signed bills Thursday that ban police from keeping comprehensive lists of law-abiding gun owners and give gun range owners almost total immunity from lead cleanup lawsuits.

The National Rifle Association praised Bush for signing the bills, both of which were pushed hard by the gun-owners' group.

Under the new law, police and government agencies could be fined $5 million if they keep a list of people who own firearms. The measure doesn't apply to lists created as part of a criminal investigation.

The gun range bill arose out of a lawsuit that sought to force a gun range to clean up lead from old ammunition. Environmentalists say if the lead leaches into the groundwater it can be dangerous.

The measure, which Bush signed in a private ceremony, bans such lawsuits, but requires state environment regulators to set up a protocol for how gun ranges should prevent lead contamination. Among the ideas is the use of lead-free ammunition.

If ranges follow the plan, they can't be sued.

http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/...b7c8ad3b6b.html

Isn't it amazing that civil war battlefields don't cause lead contamination of groundwater?Isn't it even more amazing that 150 years of real life experience means nothing to a gungrabber with a buzzword? Wish maryland could find a little of florida's common sense!(our gun laws won't even allow us to buy a beretta pistol MADE IN MARYLAND!) :cryss::cryss:

G O B

G O B,

That's pretty funny about the Berettas. Sorry you can't have one man, they are nicely made. I've got a 92F and 92FS.

I heard through the ranks that the military is phasing out the use of lead ammo. Probably a good idea since we leave it well dispursed about the planet! ...gotta keep those depleted uranium rounds though; nothing is more effective at going through an Iraqi tank, and into the ground water to poison thousands.

Sometimes I think that I THINK too much to be in the army, must be that college influence of "thinking outside the box."