Waaaaay off topic, Whats your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Ok, so here I sit with a drink in hand, and suddenly I think, "wtf do the rest of the forum.saiga-12.com guys like to drink?"

I'll start off this disscussion with my list

Maco Brew: Miller High-Life

Micro Brew: New Glarus Brewing Co. Fat Squirel

Mixed drink: Jack and coke

Whats yours?

Oh, and if this violates the TOS, my bad it's been years since I've read it.

beer - budweiser of course

mixed drinks - none - for girls

liquor - white label straight up - very rarely do i drink it.

other - non-carbonated (yup I dont really like soda much)

not that I drink any more or anything....

TOS. uh, this isnt AOL. we do have a few simple rules, btw, but it is all really common sense stuff.

Slow drink: Red-wine (1:2:3 Merlot:Chiraz:Sauvergnon medly is the best)

Medium drink: Rum and Diet Coke

Fast drink: Everclear (substitute Diesel if low on cash)

I'm not a big beer buff, it makes me revert into a baby-all I do is piss and belch, which is most unattractive in most social environments.

Beer: Sharps or O'Douls [Not a big beer drinker]

Hard stuff: 2-4 ounces of Wild Turkey poured over one ice cube

Wine St. Michel Blush Riesling

Mixed drinks: I take some frozen OJ concentrate {about 3 ounces and

6 to 10 ounces of vanilla ice cream and 4-6 ounces of triple sec.

Blend it.

Drink it [say creamsicle]

Repeat

I also make a harveywallbanger. but add vanilla ice cream to it and blend it. This is my sure fire cure for sore throats and colds. a Half gallon taken until it is gone removes the cold bug and sore throat germs.

along with you sense of reason.

Coors Light, White Tavern Vodka (as pictured) :super:

Other favorites are Mad Dog 20/20, St. Ides, Crazy Horse.....I drink White Zinfindel because I keep a box of it in the fridge.....Chicks dig it. Single guys know, that stuff is like magic naked juice!

Good topic man, I just got divorced, spring is in the air and I am drunk often!

post-1374-1144026704_thumb.jpg

Hell yeah! Been busy all weekend to chime in on this one...

Our favorites:

First & foremost - liquer! (Hey we have kids! :unsure: )

Rum :chris: - any kind - straight up shots or on ice.

- been drinking Trader Vic's - $10/liter :super:

- Bacardi & Captain - everyone wants a little Captain in 'em!

The wifey's favorite - Jagermeister - shots only.

My buddy's home brews - of the darker variety.

(no more of that berry flavored shit Brice!)

Molson Canadian & Ice for store bought brews

and of course Buttweiser of any shape/size.

I gotta say, I'm a sucker for a good margarita. Actually, anything that mixes well with tequila, I'm game for.

Captain Morgan: Tattoo (or any other BLACK rum, really)

The only mixed drink I'll never turn down is a Zombie (mostly several varieties of rum and blue Curacao)

Beer: Becks is the only one I'd probably order, or buy from a store.

Then again, if I'm not paying.... well, I think most of us can relate on that one. ;)

Beer: Yuengling lager.

Wiskey: Glenlivit or Cardu- any good single malt Scotch.

Other: Yukon Jack- the blacksheep of Canadian liquers (makes Southern Comfort seem rough, and will warm the coldest day)

Rum: Cruzan (made in the Virgin Islands USA ( better and cheaper than the "bat juice", and women like anything that says virgin)

Rum and Coke for bar and long party/wake/ wedding ect.

Angel piss (Cruzan and Mountain Dew) to get women drunk and wide awake!

Ever Clear: Goes in my KILLERGREEN punch. Green frozen punch, 1 qt everclear 1 qt Cruzan, 2 qts mountain dew, toss in some seasonal fruit, scotch guard the rug and have fun!

Also EverClear is good with cranrasberry juice. Will kill any summer cold.

The secret to true happyness is to drink better booze, . Spend the same amount- just treat yourself to better stuff and drink less!

G O B

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Apr 3 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever Clear: Goes in my KILLERGREEN punch. Green frozen punch, 1 qt everclear 1 qt Cruzan, 2 qts mountain dew, toss in some seasonal fruit, scotch guard the rug and have fun!

Holy shit that sounds good! Unflavored Cruzan? Or do you go with a fruit flavor?

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Apr 3 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The secret to true happyness is to drink better booze, . Spend the same amount- just treat yourself to better stuff and drink less!

G O B

I sure hope to someday be able to do that! :unsure:

Brian wanders into Habeebs down on the corner with $20 in his pocket. the wifey needs a gallon of milk.

Does Brian? A: get a fifth of some high dollar Jagermeister or El Cappitan & say f'it to the milk? or B: Get a liter of el-cheapo plus the milk and smokes...and a happy wife!!! (And $5 left for the ammo fund) :lolol:

:smoke: Well, seeing I have had ,and am having a cocktail-----

Beer- Killians Red, Bass,Newcastle,Micky's bigmouth,Harp,That beer in the green bottle w/33 on it-damn my memory!,couple local brews

Standard choice-Vodka(good brands only!),soda and a lime. :super:

Occasionally have some Capitan/coke, Crown Royal,Various good rums and brandies :lolol:

Wines-all reds and depends on what strikes my fancy at the moment-hard part is making-and keeping -a list of the good ones :rolleyes:

Regarding Jager and most shot drinks-shudder-too much bad memories- :ded:

1 of the best places-around a camp fir shooting the shit w/friends and having some heated discussions lubed w/a little liquid courage!Good Times!!!! :lolol::eek::super::super:

yeh, you should get a load of me when I start drinking white label. its not a pretty sight.

You posted pics of that... WE KNOW!!! IT'S NOT a pretty sight!!!! ROFL!!! :lol: :lol:

:smoke:

that was NOTHING. I had like two beers and fell asleep because I busted my ass that day.

I did go out and raise hell the night my grandfather was disconnected from life support. last I remember, we had been thrown out of two bars, and was working on #3. ah, white label. I think I tried to throw someone in a canal that night, not too sure. :)

Funky Cold Medina. :super:

No, seriously, whomever said Newcastle Brown Ale (great for a libation found in a clear bottle) gets a thumbs up from me. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat nice and icy cold is good stuff too. :angel:

I still got too many bad memories from my time in the 82nd and the 7th Cav. playing around with the hard stuff to be completely comfortable with it again (Captain Morgan spiced pukey toothpaste your reward for playing a good round of "bubbles", anyone?). I can be forced to take (if arm twisted hard enough) most Tequilas and some of the Absolut vodka flavors though. :bag:

But maybe I'm just a closet Yuppie now with my redefined intoxicant tastes. :unsure::eek:

Gaddis: My father informed me once that the technical expression of that is - "It tastes like the entire Russian army marched through and pissed in my mouth while I was asleep." 23rd Infantry Division

Personally I think that's a bit of a mouth-full. Oh, and don't worry about your "refined" tastes. There's always someone with one worse. ;)

Personally I think that's a bit of a mouth-full. Oh, and don't worry about your "refined" tastes. There's always someone with one worse. ;)

Heh, true! (if you look at things that a way). :lol:

gallery_88_67_56560.jpg

Edited by Gaddis

Beer: My year round fave is Sammy Smith oatmeal stout, for seasonals I cant get enough of those Smuttynose Barleywine and wheatwine style ales, They are strong as hell and have an actual alcohol flavor, almost a whiskey-like undertone.I guess what I'm trying to say is: THEY GET YOU FU#*ED UP. Long Trail double bags are good too.

For mixed dinks I usually go with a VO and ginger or a white russian (I drink what I am)

For wine its Boones Farm all the way baby!! Nothin but the best.

I have put off posting here... but what the hell... ALthough I dont have one specific favorite... when it comes to liquor... I do when it comes to brew...

Mackesons Triple Stout... my all time FAVORITE!!!

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to find in the states... so instead I drink whatever microbrewed crafted brews I can find, and love to always try new things... Weyerbacher brewery in Easton Pa makes some killer potent brews, and Harpoon IPA is one of my all time favorite IPA's... Sam Smiths oatmeal stout is very good, but there are other stouts, that are equally on par. Canadian beer SUCKS!!!! open a bottle and all I can think of is SKUNK... next time ya crack a moosehead... think skunk... and molson or blue... might as well be budweiser for all the flavor it has... :YUCK: Belgian Lambics have some interesting flavors to them... but usually are too expensive to bother with... they go too fast and dont get you any real buzz for the quantity you imbibe unless you drop a C-note on a case... I have become far too spoiled in my tastes for brewed beverages. I wont touch most domestic mass produced beer... It has to be a microbrew, or foreign... and then its gotta be something with a little pizazz...

I dont drink "beer" I drink ales, lagers, stouts, and IPA's There *IS* a difference... Its all about the taste... If I wanted a coors light... I would go outside when it rains and open my mouth... just like the commercial... "ITS RAINING BEER!!! ITS RAINING BEER!!!!" :lol:

Cant touch that shit...

As far as liquors... I am a BIG Mezcal fan... Monte Alban is my favorite... straight from the bottle...SLIGHTLY chilled... not ice cold... just slightly... no lemon... no salt... just pure Mezcal... Although if I DO decide to go the lemon and salt route... I will have the liter bottle gone in about 30 minutes... and then I am going to be sick! LOL so... no lemon... no salt... helps me to pace myself... and not get too fucked up too quick.

Cuervo??? mexico can keep that shit... Although I will use that to MIX a margarita... when you dont want loads of flavor... just the hints to make a mixed drink...

Whiskey sours kick ass too... but its gotta be GOOD whiskey in those... kinda spoils the whiskey, if ya think about it... but Jack Daniels Single Barrel makes one of the FINEST Whiskey sours you can drink!!! I also like mudslides... I can drink mudslides all night long... gimme a bottle of Kahlua, baileys, and a half gallon of half-n-half... and I can get rip roarin loaded on mudslides... like drinking a chocolate milkshake that gets ya blasted... :up::lol::up:

When it comes to Wine... I rarely will drink wine... unless its with dinner... Although my dad makes his own wines... and THOSE I will drink!! :up: he makes awesome wines... and they will get ya toasted! Good flavors, smooth and colorful... but oh so potent!! GO DAD!!! :up::lol::up:

I know theres more to add to all this... but hell, I about wrote a book... and thats enough... I could sit and talk about brewing all night long... its a craft that I admire and respect.. and the technical aspects of creating a good brew are just incredible!!!

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

#1 German Beer: Warsteiner

#2 American Beer: Samuel Adams Boston lager/or Ale

#3 American Beer: MGD

then followed by other good beers, and I don't mean water that is colored yellow to look like beer.

No one brews better Beer then the Germans, hands down.

The hard stuff.

#1 Russian Vodka- Stoli (HAHA, keep this away from me.....)

#2 Jagermeister

No one does better Vodka then the Russians, yeah yeah I don't wanna hear it from you Gray goose fans :P

Wine-

I'll have some every now and then, drinking some red table wine atm. :P