CDNN sale on 12ga Saiga's

Thought this might intrest some of ya'll I got a email from CDNN today.

We Are Having A Special on Select Guns and Ammo!!

These Special Prices Are Only Good Through Monday May 17th!!

So Don't Hesitate! Give Us A Call At 800-588-9500 For

Immediate Assistance! Take Advantage Of The Great Deals!

EAA170240 Saiga 12/22/3 Shotgun, Adjustable Sight, Synthetic

RARE- Uncatalogued!! $199.99

• 2 weeks later...
Thought this might intrest some of ya'll I got a email from CDNN today.

We Are Having A Special on Select Guns and Ammo!!

These Special Prices Are Only Good Through Monday May 17th!!

So Don't Hesitate! Give Us A Call At 800-588-9500 For

Immediate Assistance! Take Advantage Of The Great Deals!

EAA170240 Saiga 12/22/3 Shotgun, Adjustable Sight, Synthetic

RARE- Uncatalogued!! $199.99

I ordered one and picked it up today!

Can't wait to take it to the range this week. It says F (1.0) chokewise :D

g20

mine claims the same thing for choke. what barrel length did you get? Im telling you, if THAT is a full choke, at least on mine, I'm the tooth fairy.

Edited by Bvamp
mine claims the same thing for choke. what barrel length did you get? Im telling you, if THAT is a full choke, at least on mine, I'm the tooth fairy.

The barral lenght is 22 and in the muzzle I measured 0.680 inch. Wish I could compare it to the full choke tube on my Baikal IZH 27 that I used for slug orgies too.

Do you think that what you have is the equivalent of modified size?

With the IZH27 I could do EVERYTHING I wanted except load more than two rounds.

mine is 19". maybe it WAS cut and crowned before I bought it. Im fine with that....

if i HAD to put it to words, i would say its near improved cylinder for mine. I see no light bending on the bore if i shine a light in it. means NO choke. maybe it might taper a LITTLE...ill measure the one im talking about when I have a chance... .680" huh?

Edited by Bvamp

I blew my first 80 rounds out of the new Saiga. It is a lot of fun, so much shotgun for $200 and it really seems dependable. (I can't stand jamming guns)

This puppy spits them all out. Great!

The only thing that bugs me is that it shoots to the right. The so called adjustable site is a piece of crap. The front sight is meant to be operated by a rotory device which does not move. The rear sight sits on a rail and is stuck. In fact, one can see that it's installed out of center. I tried to gently hammer it to the left but of course the word 'gently' does not exist in Russian ingineering mechanics.

Shall I employ proper force :ded: to fix the problem? Any help appreciated.

I guess down the road I see myself investing in a mount and scope.

yeh, mine was also clearly out of line, in fact the exact same as yours if I recall correctly. you should use a brass mallet to drift the rear sight over to the correct spot. Mine took one hell of a beating before it finally started moving....finally freed it up by holding a brass mallet to the sight with the gun in a VICE, and hit the brass mallet with a 5 lb drilling hammer. once you move it its not nearly as bad. Also invest in some white sight paint and paint your front post, and put a dot on each side of the rear sight leaf. If you DO use your sights to shoot with on your shotgun, that should help your sight picture out considerably....

The front sight is meant to be operated by a rotory device which does not move.

Look closely. There is a small leaf type spring that locks the wheel. Lift the spring with the punch tool in your cleaning kit- - - you can get to it through the hole in the side of the sight rail. At this point you can turn the elevation adjustment wheel.

Just think how fast your elevation setting would go to hell if the adjustment didn't lock! One, maybe two shots I'd guess.

Russian engineers maybe to think some about good sights after all, no?

Edited by Goodman

Thanks for the instruction guys, that helps to fix the sight I'm sure.

As for now, I have to recover from the shock cause the gun jammed 10 times this morning with Win SuperSpeed, you know the cheapo ammo from WalMart. :eek: No matter what gas pressure setting I had it didn't friggen work properly. Am I supposed to clean every 50 rounds? :eek:

Edited by glockzilla20

In short, no. Did you do an initial cleaning? I didn't go that route with my 20ga and seemed to get away without it. ~100 rounds later, it got finicky with some of the cheap wally world stuff. I was bummed as I was SO sure the ak would eat anything. But I did clean it (not so much gunk as the factory stuff) and it's been flawless since.

I'm doing it right the first time with my new 12ga, cleaning it now before I ever shoot it.

HTH

The Winchester SuperSpeed shells don't work in mine either. It just needs something hotter to push the piston. Try Super-X, they should work. If not, go to AAs.

...we're in the same boat. :chris:

This morning I thoroughly cleaned the gun and as a result when putting it to the test it didn't jam as often with SuperSpeed as it did before. However, the SuperSpeed is too weak to cycle the beast reliably. Well, I can live with that, it was only surprising at the beginning. The Rem ShurShot Heavy Dove 1 1/8 and the Super-X worked flawless and are more fun anyway.

The manual doesnot say anything about avoiding steel shots. Is this bad for the gun? I noticed that most of the 3" ammo is steel these days.