980fps 26g Low recoil Low noise

Jeez.. thats gotta be what, 1 3/4 Dram? I havent tried but I had a couple ideas probably in combination that may help:
Weaker springs (within reason) and polishing contact surfaces.

Removing that mobile dustcover thing on the operating rod.

Heavy lightening of the gas puck may help, or perhaps a different geometry on it like those competition ones.

Another thing I dont know if it'd truely help but a weaker magazine spring may help reduce some friction on feeding. I do see this having a potential issue of the bolt outrunning the ammo in the magazine if the spring isnt strong enough

Thats all I can think of outside permanent modification (additional gas port) Hope it helped spring board some ideas, stay safe!

On 10/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, YOT said:

Let's see what you got, evl.

Not yet, but I'm sure it might be nice for sound sensitive people with a Salvo 12. It might take some of the scare out of it for new shooters too.

• 4 months later...

Yep I been pondering this myself. Lots of folks over on the form 1 Suppressor face(palm)book group Ask about making shotgun silencer. My plan is to take a fugly fake aluminum silencer and turn it into a monocore baffle then thread it for external shroud. Maybe “redundant” or silly but these fake silencers with the pokers in the end are so “derp “ I have no other use for it. And I don’t want to reintroduce it into the secondary  market On a trade or sale so turning it into something “worthwhile “ is the next best thing. 

long thought long, discussing back pressure, and the minimal amount reintroduced to system unlike on rifle silencers, how could we increase the back pressure, increase the silencer effectiveness and increase the reliability of the base gun, all at the same time?? Too

much you say? I don’t know, all these components are related..

how about chokes stacked on chokes? With gas bleed holes in between them?

the only down side I would see with a stacked choke situation is Decrease shot speed?