MN phesant hunting after knee repair

Last year I had to turn around and go home because of my knee .Had surgery and a long recovery but doing great now. May I started to get my body back in shape and lost 72 pounds fast walking.3mile on tread mill and 3/4 miles swimming 6 days a week. I am ready!

We leave tomorrow evening and I will be in the wild Thursday Can't wait, can't wait! 

Wish me Luck

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 12:54 AM, MilyRose said:

WOW! I really admire you. Great job. It's good to know about your recovery  school lockdown kits . I appreciate your determination and effort for fast recovery. All the very luck for your MN phesant hunting. Present your best.

Classy. Spamming here.

Anyway, Jerry, none of us are getting younger and hats off to you for fighting through recovery and getting back in shape. I always wondered how people let themselves deteriorate, but all it takes is the right injury and no rehabilitations afterwards. It never occurred to me that an injury may have knocked them down and they never really got back up. Good on you for knocking it out and I hope you are back to enjoying life.

3 generations of hunters which included my big brothers grandson, watched as the young man shot his first rooster on his first day. Grampa and all of us were real proud. He is 14 and a pro trap shooter but  learned  that he had to be a lot faster.  Getting pheasant every day and I clean them fast and perfect. holding up well, snow tonight which means a great 2 more days before we leave for Nebraska.

There is still grease in the bearings of this old car.  You all have a great Thanksgiving I will.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well we are back home in FL and we came home with a cooler full of pheasants. This is one of the best years we have had.

Carlos our 14 year old  champion black lab and 2 time cancer survivor went out just weeks after cancer surgery" demanded to go "and even though he had a hard time keeping up he still retrieved a few birds. My big brother would not have it any other way.

Our dogs did well Manny, Jet and Carlos what a team. 

After Thanksgiving we went to Nebraska and then through the blue mountains on our way to Charleston 

Brought back a few guns to work on for next year . Had a great time. The wife said it was the best time we have ever had.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...