I saw the latest Star Wars movie and I'm glad I only spent money on a matinee showing of it. It was a dumb film - possibly the dumbest Star Wars movie ever.

I don't know what the deal is, but my overall observation is Hollywood/Disney has managed to emasculate Star Wars. I'm tired of culturally iconic stuff being hijacked by modern "girl power" p.c. crap.

From a psychological point of view, even some of the scenes were symbolically anti-male in nature like with huge, long ventral cannons under Star Destroyers being attacked. It's ridiculous. I don't know ... maybe sometimes a cannon is just a cannon.

It's simply NOT like the Star Wars movies I grew up loving as a boy - which had a more "masculine" and serious sense ... and a plot rooted in classical literary themes. I wanted to be "Red 5" one day.

The new movie has a script and pace that's more like something my mom would enjoy on P.B.S. The way the characters argue with each other with a frenetic pace made me think a woman (or beta male) must have written the script.

I no longer want to be "Red 5" standing by anymore.

I predict the new Star Wars slogan will soon be: "May the feeling be with you."

That's all.

• Like 1

I thought The Last Jedi was so bad it didn't deserve a follow-up. I will not pay to see this last one. I might watch it "free" when it comes to Disney+ (which I'm not paying for, either).

Agreed on the "PC" version of Star Wars. I was a long-time fan of the originals. I should say, the "original" trilogy, before Lucas went nuts and started editing and re-editing them. I wish I could still find a copy of the ORIGINAL trilogy, as it was shown in the theaters (the FIRST time). Mine were on VHS, and long-since worn out.  :(