Sign in to follow this  
highpockets

what do I have ?

Hey,Hi..been looking around the site LOTS of info here.Just did some trading and came up with a taurus ct9 and a  saiga ak47. this is my first ak and it has mods. some of it has markings some not. So I thought I would ask for help.And to see if I am compliant.... trigger says tapco g2, stock is command arms, cheek rest acp, pistol grip rwc. the bullet guide appears to be welded in. I do not see any brand name on the other stuff. also the button to hold the slide open will not do so,if that has any significance.Anything else you see? Thanks !

14 hours ago, highpockets said:

never mind. tried to post pics but it says max 2 mg. and that is from trying to post just one pic. I dont know how to make them work. thanks...

Let's start with figuring out the year it was made. The first two numbers in the serial number are the year.

Franken or not...it's still a valiable option. So it's on the owner what he wants to do with it. I guess it's better for him like this because he doesn't need to do coversion which is somewhat pain in the ass to do on your own if you don't have at least basic knowledge with tools and firearms.

There's nothing wrong with a " frankengun"

I'm saying that because it's a hodge podge of all kinds of different parts put together. It's hard to answer the question of "what do I have?" when you have 6 Brands of parts put together. If it does what the OP desires, he's lucky to have scored it already the way he likes it!! Not downing it in any way!!