Hey,Hi..been looking around the site LOTS of info here.Just did some trading and came up with a taurus ct9 and a  saiga ak47. this is my first ak and it has mods. some of it has markings some not. So I thought I would ask for help.And to see if I am compliant.... trigger says tapco g2, stock is command arms, cheek rest acp, pistol grip rwc. the bullet guide appears to be welded in. I do not see any brand name on the other stuff. also the button to hold the slide open will not do so,if that has any significance.Anything else you see? Thanks !

14 hours ago, highpockets said:

never mind. tried to post pics but it says max 2 mg. and that is from trying to post just one pic. I dont know how to make them work. thanks...

Let's start with figuring out the year it was made. The first two numbers in the serial number are the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's nothing wrong with a " frankengun"

I'm saying that because it's a hodge podge of all kinds of different parts put together. It's hard to answer the question of "what do I have?" when you have 6 Brands of parts put together. If it does what the OP desires, he's lucky to have scored it already the way he likes it!! Not downing it in any way!!

• Like 1

but,but..I have always wanted a Franken gun !  So I dont think I will change much. fit it for optics maybe a brake. possibly a bi pod once I shoot it a bit and see whats what. I just didnt/dont know about AK's. I have skills and tools. Just didnt know if it came from RWC like that of if somebody had set it up that way. or if it was a more or less desirable weapon because of this or that. I had read that there were oddities. and I didnt see a brand name on the quad rail,so I had no idea about it..thanks... have to do some research on that ct9 and see what I can do with it. thanks guys,be safe....

A brand name only impresses snobs. I've shot many guns others have brought to the range, name brand, off-brand, and homebrew. Stars and clunkers both in most of them. 

Look how people used to turn up their noses at a Savage Tactical, but spent $$$ for a (insert high speed low drag name here) that shot the same give or take a very small margin. ...bless their little hearts.

• Like 2

Highpockets... 

Someone spent a bit of money to put it together that way from the original factory configuration. Change anything you don't like, and keep what you do. If it's the way you like it...then you scored a great find!! You didn't have to mess with it to get what you wanted!  

It's only more desirable to someone who wants their rifle set up that way. If you're happy with it... It sure beats having to source all the aftermarket parts and do the work yourself... You get the benefit without the hassle!!😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...