I just got my 2nd and final shingles vaccine today. I'll be sick as a dog in 2 days, but I won't have to worry about shingles.

I'll probably take a couple days off work so I don't scare the hell out of them being sick. Not contagious, just my body rteacting to the vaccine like last time.

I went to the grocer's today to pick up a couple things. Nothing big. I keep a good bit on hand.

Shelves were pretty empty. I saw some dumbass woman with a bunch of boxes of cold medicine at the checkout. WTF does she thing that is going to do?

Ya can't fix stupid.

The good part is all the light traffic and not many cops watching the roads. The highways are moving fast around here.

One thing this has, I hope, shown this country is that you can't depend on a hostile communist regime for many of the essential items a country needs to thrive and survive. China is not our friend and the faster we divest ourselves from dependence on them the better.

Praying for all here and our country.

• Like 3

I hope nations gather to make China pay for their recklessness, and make them "lose face" somehow. I also hope this hasn't been some sort of trial balloon, and the Chicoms will release something worse after having seen how well corona affected the world.

If so, I bet their thinking is "what's a few thousand lives when we have at least a billion people?"

I hope this wasn't an attempt at some sort of biological version of Pearl Harbor.

• Like 1

China should be billed for this. The ENTIRE cost for the ENTIRE world, and FORCED to pay, no matter how many generations it takes.

One way to force them to pay would be to subtract it from any loans they've made to countries infected by their runaway bio-weapon.

...as a penalty enact a 100% embargo on all goods leaving China. Let 'em dry up and blow away.

• Like 1

I don't know what to say. Really.  All these people hoarding should have their asses kicked.  Literally.  This shit is just unreal.  Yes, China should be held accountable for this shit.  Just as with the other shit sandwich viruses that came from them.  But they will not.  China's grasp is far too powerful. Now, as for the US, we CAN come away from this with our economic heads out of our asses IF we learn to start cutting reliance on them.  We shall see. But I believe to many Politicians as well as Business's have deep pockets with them.   AND I hope the media gets it in their ass for all of these maniacal and relentless BS reporting they are doing. 

Stay safe, stay smart and  this too shall pass. 

• Like 2

Well it's been awhile since on here, glad to see people still posting.  I'm holding out where I am. I work in an industry that is listed as essential to the fed gov, so i get to continue to drive in to work everyday.(hvac-r) 

I work retail at a supply store, also an "essential business." It's been pandelerium for the past week! Every single day of the last seven we have FAR exceeded sales from last year's Black Friday. My days haven't changed at all- go to work, go to the store. We did get a pick up order from a restaurant we would normally eat-in, still good food.  :)

I do make sure to wash my hands thoroughly before heading home, at least. I certainly don't want my 80-yr-old Mom to catch it somehow. Her health is generally good, but we share a house now because she has had some issues in the past.

I also carry far more regularly than I used to, and have my lil' Shockwave in the car now, too. I wish there was some kind of speed-loader for it, though.

• Like 1

Still able to get filters for my mask around here.  I'm running a P100 rated for acid vapor.  Entertainment business is tits-up.  Snagged the last 3 boxes of auto match, and the buckshot and AR/AK are gone.  Glad I put up 4500 in 5.56 strippers when I did.  AK's and S-12's are on hot standby. Repacked the freezer while everyone was fighting over toilet paper and bottled water.  Won't be too bad if this goes six months, but will need resupply if it goes longer.  Don't want to hit the bunker if I can help it.  Most of the stocks are holding pretty good as they're in foods and paper, so we have money.

Mom is so glad I'm at home with her right now!  She'd be real scared if she was alone. 

• Like 2

I think we've had quite enough of Chinese curses for awhile.

All counrties affected by this escaped Chinese bioweapon known as Covid 19  need to tally up the total cost of this pandemic as close as they can and subtract it from any loans they have with China, as well as use it pay off any money owed to them for goods and/or services, then bill them for the balance, payable immediately.

• Like 2

I agree with the notion about East Germany, but we still don’t have physical barriers up between states...yet.

The continuing closures of anything...well, fun or freedom-related for the little guys while watching the political elite still enjoy gathering and doing whatever it is that they do is chaffing my ass ever more so with each passing day, but we’re still here.

The panic-buying and hoarding situation took me somewhat off-guard due to its suddenness, but it is what it is.

The price gouging is also unreal. A local gun shop here in Janesville was selling a Springfield Armory Hellcat w/ OSP cutout for $750!  MSRP for this is right around $550.

I just found a bunch of ammo at a Fleet Farm over in Delavan, but I’m sure the reseller-minded hoarder fucks will have that picked clean soon.

Wife sent me out for milk because she needs it to take some of her medication. Got to the local store before 8:00 am and a  2 block line  was evident. Got in line and a person from New York City told me to get 6 ft away from him. The funny thing was he was only 3 ft away from the guy  in front of him. I told him NO! just to give him a moment  of helplessness. I then told him I will give you your space but you need to get a grip. If you are that fearful about getting sick, you should not be here in line.

Beaches, Bars ,Food ect all closed..  The Snow birds are not happy  .

As for me, I have everything  with the exception of Case lube which is coming in a few days. I will tumble some 556 today. and do a little painting on the house.

You all be well, keep your cool  and (Act do not react) . Home is away the best place to be , because that is where the wife gives me clear direction.

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 1

As I said, we could have come out of this much wiser and less dependent on China, but after seeing this atrocity, I doubt it.  Truly perverse and disgusting how THEY spend our money.  I did not fact check this, but none of it surprises me.

American population: 330,483,530

Stimulus bill: $2,000,000,000,000

Dividing the cost by every person in America is $6,051.74.
The government could have given every person over $6,000, but instead will give $1,200 to each adult under a certain income.

Because of bailouts.

Wanna know where the missing 96% of your tax dollars went?

$300,000,000for Migrant and Refugee Assistance pg. 147
$10,000 per person for student loan bailout
$100,000,000 to Nasa,
$20,000,000,000 to the USPS,
$300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts
$300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing
$15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training
$435,000,000 for mental health support
$30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed
$200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program
$300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR
$500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who the hell knows how we are going to use it
$720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs
$25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I **** you not it's on page136
$7,500,000to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for performing Arts
$25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
$300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
$90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148
$13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121
9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134
$100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162 This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat. $100,000,000 is chump change
$40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act. This sounds like it's direct payments for workers. Pg. 164
$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163
$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165
$492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167
$526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused)
Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress
$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169
$3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172
$5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172
$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175
$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175
$2,500,000 Office of Housing

Edited by sjgusmc21
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, sjgusmc21 said:

As I said, we could have come out of this much wiser and less dependent on China, but after seeing this atrocity, I doubt it.  Truly perverse and disgusting how THEY spend our money.  I did not fact check this, but none of it surprises me.

American population: 330,483,530

Stimulus bill: $2,000,000,000,000

Dividing the cost by every person in America is $6,051.74.
The government could have given every person over $6,000, but instead will give $1,200 to each adult under a certain income.

Because of bailouts.

Wanna know where the missing 96% of your tax dollars went?

$300,000,000for Migrant and Refugee Assistance pg. 147
$10,000 per person for student loan bailout
$100,000,000 to Nasa,
$20,000,000,000 to the USPS,
$300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts
$300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing
$15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training
$435,000,000 for mental health support
$30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed
$200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program
$300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR
$500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who the hell knows how we are going to use it
$720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs
$25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I **** you not it's on page136
$7,500,000to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for performing Arts
$25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
$300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
$90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148
$13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121
9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134
$100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162 This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat. $100,000,000 is chump change
$40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act. This sounds like it's direct payments for workers. Pg. 164
$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163
$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165
$492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167
$526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused)
Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress
$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169
$3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172
$5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172
$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175
$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175
$2,500,000 Office of Housing

I'm copy and pasting that.

Yeah, it’s been nutty.

A guy in my neighborhood flipped the fuck out on me and cussed me and my kids to their faces when they got too close to his and I had speculated whether or not we all had it already in February.

On a better note... a simple loogie out the window makes those pesky tailgaters back off fast! :D

Would you believe I just saw two kids out riding their bicycles? Un-fucking believable.

State-wide stay-at-home order, and they're out without a care in the world.

I guess they inherited their stupidity from their parents.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I trust nothing about all that we have heard about this. I think it is the most significant 'slight of hand' trick every played on American citizens. They are trying to keep us distracted from something else or they are setting us up to be accepting of something we would otherwise never allow.

• Like 2

The federal insolvency is buying up debt to the tune of 4 trillion more in another QE.  It's time to let those bankers sink with their ships!

Yeah, by us, they're all out walking the dog, biking, jogging without a care in the world.  I'm in the side yard rebuilding the garden, and burning the debris.

Mom didn't get to vote today, as they never sent us the absentee ballot!  Lots of people didn't get their ballots in the state.  I smell a rat! 

16 hours ago, G O B said:

Some dumb labor in the Wu-Flu bioweapons lab sold some bats to the wet market for a few Yen.

hmmm, yeah.

Well, they've been selling and eating bats since their ancient ancestors figured out how to net them. Nothing unusual there. 

On 4/9/2020 at 8:40 PM, Ronin38 said:

Something to think about- possible Origin of the Coronavirus. Interesting video, about an hour long, I haven't had time to finish watching the whole thing yet... 

I watched it. Fascinating.

By the way, Farcebook is now flagging the video above as False Information and are removing it if someone posts it.

And how did they determine it's false? Why, the WHO, quoting Chinese sources, of course!  :blink:

I only use FB to keep in touch with some relatives and a few select groups I'm in, but it's handy for that, at least.