Newbie Checking in w/question

I paid around $260 for mine. As far as barrel length, from what I have read, the 22" barrel has more of a posibility of flex than the 16". It's sort of a trade off.If using iron sights, a longer barrel would be slightly more accurate. If you use a scope, the shorter barrel has the advantage.

Has anyone here converted there .308 with a 16"bbl to the pistol grip configuration? I'm thinking of buying one, since I absolutly love my 7.62. It has the 20" bbl.

I'd like to do the sniper type thing to one, with a nice scope and cheeck pad and such.

if anyuone can post pics - I sure would appreciate it.

p.s. My local saiga dealer has to order from cdnn with his cut mine'll cost $315, prettymuch he's the only guy in my town(port. Ore.) to get me one, unless I get lucky at the gun show!

I think I won't mind paying if it's anything like the 7.62!

I was waiting for the CDDN's to come in but got tired. I asked some folks here for some other sources and was recomended to GunBroker.com and GunsAmerica.com. I just recently bought a very lightly used .308 for $249 from a dealer on GunsAmerica. $309 shipped with 3 mags. I'm very happy with it. Look around and keep looking.

JeffM