double hook trigger in S12

Hi guys, been a long time since I posted, I pulled my S12 back out of the safe and am excited to try and fit it to this bullpup kit made for an AK.  It will take some minor adjustments for things to have the clearances, but I seem to have it figured out.  Only things that this kits comes with ha double hook trigger, taco, I have a single hook in there, and I am wondering if the right side hook will interfere with the bolt or carier.  .  I need to use the double hook as the R side hook is used as a lever in trigger linkage, but I can grind it down quite a bit to shorten it if necessary.  Is there an interferacen issue w/ a R side hook and a bolt/carreir?

Thanks. 

The double hook trigger in an S12 in general will need some modification for clearance.  If there is additional clearance issues with the right side latch, you will find out when you put it together, and it will just be a matter of making the appropriate cuts to relieve that.

If you search around on here, you will find some interesting ways to grind the 2nd hook to act as a trigger overtravel stop, which is pretty cool.  Maybe GunFun did a tutorial on it

• Like 1

I wrote a guide on it on this forum, and also have it posted on the vepr forum. Image links should be good in both places. Google the forum name, "trigger job and gunfun" and the thread should come up. It will be a few years old, so you might use advanced search to force older posts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 2:58 AM, pedal2alloy said:

The double hook trigger in an S12 in general will need some modification for clearance.  If there is additional clearance issues with the right side latch, you will find out when you put it together, and it will just be a matter of making the appropriate cuts to relieve that.

If you search around on here, you will find some interesting ways to grind the 2nd hook to act as a trigger overtravel stop, which is pretty cool.  Maybe GunFun did a tutorial on it

This covers it. Well stated.