You’re going to hear mixed reviews, but I have had nothing but excellent experiences with their stuff. I personally have their 10.5” (FN/CHF), 16” (FN/non-CHF) and 20”(? barrel manufacturer/nitride) uppers and a myriad of their premium BCGs. All 3 are exceptionally accurate. In fact, my 10.5” PSA is a better shooter than the 10.3” DD MK18 upper I had. All have perfectly concentric bores and run fine suppressed. 

I also have a friend who has one of their 16” stainless pencil-profile uppers that he has run hard in several carbine courses without an issue to speak of. He never ran that one suppressed though. 

Before someone starts posting the obligatory “jUsT aS gOoD” memes, I’d like to add that my current go-to rifle is a Colt 6921 upper on an SBR lower. I run that upper because the smaller gas port gets less gas in my face when I’m running a can. That said, as far as reliability is concerned, in a life-or-death situation I would have the same confidence in my PSA wares as I do in my Colt. And for the record, my DD MK18 was the least reliable upper I’ve owned yet. 

last edit: I have zero experience with their AR-10 pattern rifles. 

Edited by W8lifter

Have seen/assembled a number of Palmetto kits. I found one out of spec safety in a lower parts kit. The a replacement safety was there in less than a week.  I used there A2 profile upper for my build since they were one of the few companies that had a 20" barrel that didn't want my left arm for payment.

Accuracy has been good, with little to no "break in" time on the rifle. I haven't used the A2 config in a high power match yet but it gave me results that I would be happy to compete with.

I would have no problem buying another kit from them. I'm too stubborn to buy an assembled rifle at this point.

Here’s an old photo of some groups from my 10.5” (left) and 16” (Right) PSA uppers. All groups were shot at 50yds. Left group was using a 2moa Aimpoint T1. Right groups were shot using a standard set of A2 irons. Ammo used was IMI 77gr OTMs:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/10481-so-my-rifles-like-razorcore/

They have their "A2" style 5.56 AR-15 with a 20" barrel back in stock (at least for now). It'd be cool to have one. But at ~ $700 ... and I already have a Saiga .223 and lots of Federal .223 ammo  .......  should probably stock-up more on food & ammo .... hmmmm.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-classic-a2-rifle.html

77817391000.png

On 5/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, W8lifter said:

Everyone needs to test fire a 20” AR-15 in the A2 configuration at least once. The recoil impulse from a rifle-length gas system with a 5.2oz buffer is so ridiculously smooth. 

The trick is to grease up the recoil spring in the stock. The "spooooing" sound after every shot drove me crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

I've built 5 AR's using their kits and all turned out reliable and extremely accurate.  If you want to build a rifle comparable to a Colt 6920, try the CHF M4 carbine kit.   Same forge markings as Colt but for hundreds less.  Also features a BCG that has been high pressure and magnetically particle inspected as well as a chrome lined barrel made by FN that has the same tests.  

• 6 months later...

I only own one 223/556 and it is a PSA.  Has the kit in the link below.  Put it on a nice lower with a design I liked.  Used it for deer hunting this last fall.  Did what it needed to with one shot.  Holds a tight smaller then dime group at 25yards.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-rl-223-wylde-15-mlok-moe-ept-rifle-kit-w-mbus-ss.html

Just built up a 10.5' pistol, and 16" M4 with PSA uppers and Anderson lowers.  The upper on the M4 is slightly out of spec as to rear takedown pin hole. (fits real tight)  The 10.5 fits all the Andersons nicely.  Both uppers were factory proofed. (could tell by the brass pressed into the bolt faces from the 70Kpsi proof round)

IMG_0225.thumb.JPG.d0a616a9433a81e70dfb7b831c5d2643.JPG

Comparing any of the 16" or less barrels to a full 20" A1 or A2 is noticeable in the sound signature.  The difference was like comparing the blast of a M4 to a .22LR.  I think some of it might be the difference between compensated and non-compensated flash hiders.  The SP1 was kicking up debris, and the M4 wasn't.