My mother was born and raised just 2 blocks from where the riots have burnt a good portion of it. I was born close to the area and remember spending  the summer with my grandparents there.

It was a great place to live. But like all cities the middle and upper middle class moved out of downtown Minneapolis and went to the suburbs. Minneapolis has become like many cities only attractive to the lower class. Crime is high and tax dollar intake is not enough to sustain it. It will take years to rebuild this area if it ever will.

Now they have voted to end the police force? This city is now Detroit and will never come back Ever! St Paul is the same .

As I start my 3rd year of retirement I find it funny that I do not think of what I used to do ever. The wife dose not have to worry about my safety anymore but still watches police shows 90% of the time ?????? but I Love Her so much.

Still carry every day as I have for years, Go nowhere, work on my Guns, Guitars ,make holsters  , walk 4 miles and swim 1 mile every day except Sunday. Pretty sure I can swim 1000 meters in less than 20 minutes but why? Life Is wonderful  and I am blessed beyond anything . All this unrest will fade as it always does like a coral reef always growing larger on what was once alive.

Everyone be safe . God Bless

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Jerry52, what I am observing everyday that is happening to our country really causes my blood pressure to rise, and my hope to fade.  I cannot retire yet, but I do look forward to the day I can, so I can spend more time with my girls, to teach them all I know before I am pushing daisies.  My girls are 8 and 12, I started real late.  As long as I have time to teach them, I don't care.  My 12 year old is at that stage that she is asking really tough, thought provoking questions.  There is so much to discuss right now, it is mind blowing....

I do hope, as you said, that, 'All this unrest will fade as it always does like a coral reef always growing larger on what was once alive.' I am not sure it will.  But I hope it does and I hope our country can go back to being 'normal' once again, whatever version of 'normal' you choose. 

Semper Fi and stay safe.

Edited by sjgusmc21

Just loaded 400 rounds of 300 blackout and 400 round of 556. Went to our Local Farm store Rural King to get pork rinds and the the gun department was packed with dozens of people filling out paperwork or buying ammo. One way or another things will even out.

The real truth of Life is we all have a capacity to Hate. Getting over it is the real task  even when we know we will always be hated.

Defeat your enemy's and then move on. This is what will bring us to normal

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 2