3D printable saiga 12 magazine.

hello all, i am a simple man. i got a 3d printer and a saiga. looking for 3d STL. or similar files for saiga 12 magazines. nothing fancy, id be happy with just 5 round box mags.

i just want to 3d print a magazine for my shotgun as opposed to buying them.

Why? because i can.

i can print ak47 7.62x39 style magazines, glock 9mm style magazines, and ar-15 .556/.223 magazines but i have not found any saiga magazines :(

if anyone has a lead on these please email me. docean91@gmail.com.

7 hours ago, ewoketeer said:

I've seen items fail that were 3d printed. You may want to test these magazines for durability before use.

I've seem item that weren't 3d printed fail too. Lots of times. The WidowMaker drum comes to mind. I use 3d prototyping at work and it works fine, if the design is sound for the material used.

That said, give it a go... if you manage to design and print a working mag, good on you, especiallyt if it can use a readily available spring, like from,....say.... another box mag fed gun with lots of spare parts available....

Funny story. I ended up with an AGP 10 rounder from buying a lot of things that were listed here. This was around 2010 or so. I used that mag and used it and used it, for a decade. It always made quite a bit of noise while loading it, but the thing ran great and I just figured that was how it sounded when loading from the spring bunching up, etc. Well, recently, I was doing some testing and heard something rattling when I picked up the mag. I figured it was some debris or maybe loose shot. Not even close, I pulled the floor plate from it and out came the spring is 6 pieces, yes 6 pieces. The spring had been broken the entire time and there is just one 6.5 coil piece doing all of the work with a bunch of other pieces rattling around in there. I stuck a spring from a XTR-12 5 rounder in it and the thing runs fine. I suppose the moral of the story is that even a broken magazine can run just fine for years and years. I say find an AGP mag, pull apart the two halves and you will have the geometry for the inside and the follower. Give it a shot, because you can ;)

On 7/16/2020 at 11:41 PM, pedal2alloy said:

I would terminate the idea with extreme prejudice.  That magazine won't last 10 seconds

I know someone who is printing A arms for RC trucks and some of these polymer formulas are extremely durable. His last longer than the factory injection molded ones. I am sure that whatever he is using would make a usable mag.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, evlblkwpnz said:

I know someone who is printing A arms for RC trucks and some of these polymer formulas are extremely durable. His last longer than the factory injection molded ones. I am sure that whatever he is using would make a usable mag.

I'm really sure it will break on the first try.  That is, a full magazine (heavy) and the recoil shock will tear the top off.  Too high of leverage forces

18 hours ago, pedal2alloy said:

I'm really sure it will break on the first try.  That is, a full magazine (heavy) and the recoil shock will tear the top off.  Too high of leverage forces

7.62x39 mag 3d printed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_printed_weapons_and_parts

'nuff said.

.....whatever...

Back on topic for OP:

I searched for you. Can't find 3d Cad files for Saiga 12 mags. Suggest starting with an exisiting mag, like AGP, measure and create the CAD file. I'ts a bunch of work, but you will have shown that it can be done.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:47 PM, pedal2alloy said:

These 1/6 scale trucks are fast and way more force is exerted on these than would be seen on a magazine. They sell and they hold up better than the factory A arms. People raise hell with them.

• Like 1

It is amazing that those parts hold up but the geometry of that is different and the forces have more dampening.  With the magazine, the geometry of it relative to the recoil and the shockwave having no dampening, it puts the material is at a big disadvantage

• 3 years later...

Hello, Idk if y'all still interested in the 3d file for saiga 12 mag. But I manage to find some .stl files from "iapple1" on r/fosscad on reddit range from 2-12rd mags, I hope y'all have a happy day

you can find post: here

• Like 1