Maybe I'll get flamed for asking about this in a Saiga forum, but I can't find an answer to this anywhere.

Are there any aftermarket Saiga or other AK shotgun handguards that can be modified to fit the JTS M12AK?

It looks like a VEPR to my eyes, but I've also read that it's a Saiga clone.

Reading the description on the JTS M12, it was built on the RPK receiver. That is a 1.5mm receiver, so it would be closer to the VEPR not the Saiga-12 which is on the 1.0mm receiver. 

/sarcasm on

now where's my flamethrower....

• Thanks 1
On 7/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, scoutjoe said:

Reading the description on the JTS M12, it was built on the RPK receiver. That is a 1.5mm receiver, so it would be closer to the VEPR not the Saiga-12 which is on the 1.0mm receiver. 

/sarcasm on

now where's my flamethrower....

Saiga-12 is 1.5mm too. The bulged receiver (around the trunnion) is the main design difference in the V12 and S12 receivers. Saiga rifles had 1.0 thick receivers as well as most rifle varants.. 

OP, I haven't handled any of the JTS product yet, but it looks to have the same front handguard retainer width as an AKM. You should email me. I will send measurements of a couple of handguards and you can compare it with what you have to shed some light on your options. 

evlutionz@yahoo.com 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kiddy Kane said:

@evlblkwpnz I appreciate the offer and I'll definitely take you up on any info you'd be willing to share...thank you.

I just sent an email titled "JTS M12AK"

I'll reply when  get settled this evening. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of what might work.

• Thanks 1