Any high cap mags for .223?

I prefer the German Weigers. Minor mods to the mag, and a bullet guide in the rifle will do ya!!

Check my post in the .223 thread about them... loads of info there... do some other searching, and you can find a half dozen different mags that are potential candidates for hicaps for the .223

:smoke:

I prefer the German Weigers. Minor mods to the mag, and a bullet guide in the rifle will do ya!!

Check my post in the .223 thread about them... loads of info there... do some other searching, and you can find a half dozen different mags that are potential candidates for hicaps for the .223

+1 - Check in the Tech Section - there's links to the thread above plus lots of other good info.

As for bullet guide, I can get you one shipped for $10. PM me if you want one...

They weren't cheap either... like $24 bucks each, If I recall... but they were like new... and STEEL... and very rugged... will easily last the lifetime of the rifle, if well cared for... :up:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So is there no factory 30 round magazine that will work without modifying the stock Siaga 223? I thought I remember reading about factory 30 rounders way back where. Did they not come to pass, or just very scarce.

Ordering a 223 16"-er from Atlantic Firearms and would like to keep rifle basically stock but would like the option of 30 round magazine use or original 10 rounders.

Cheers!

Just get some cheap Bulgarian poly 5.45x39 mags (available at many diff places for $10-$12) and do the mod detailed on this web site:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/step_10.htm

Basically, you make the mags look like the pics in the above reply - takes a few minutes with a dremel - go slow, fit to mag well, go slow....

I have weigers, bulgarians and galil's that all work great - my favorites are the weigers but the others work fine too.

Just get some cheap Bulgarian poly 5.45x39 mags (available at many diff places for $10-$12) and do the mod detailed on this web site:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/step_10.htm

Basically, you make the mags look like the pics in the above reply - takes a few minutes with a dremel - go slow, fit to mag well, go slow....

I have weigers, bulgarians and galil's that all work great - my favorites are the weigers but the others work fine too.

If you modify the Weiger mags to work in a Saiga .223, will the Wieger mags still work in an SAR3? And, if you modify the Bulgarian .223 waffles to work in a Saiga .223, will these still work in an Arsenal SA-M5?

I had the magwell modded. Thats a lot easier IMHO.

Century Has Weigers and it seems also a corner on the market.

They also have a $75 minimum order. They are $27 a piece though.

The Bulgy mags are polymer and a lot easier to modify, also my opinion ony. ;)

Go with the 50 rounders from CDNN, they are metal. Add a bullet guide and no mods to the mags. The 3 that I bought where new and work great. The 35 round plactic mag had to be ground down on the sides to fit in the gun. Although there is a TINY bit of side to side wiggle, but for the money, they seem to be the best deal for me. My .02$

I haven't tried anything but the Bulgie mags (except for the Galil steel 35 rdrs that were loose as hell side to side and would not feed). The Bulgies work so good I can see no reason to try anything else. They are like they were made for it.

Still got some of these clear ones for sale if anyone wants a great mag.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=10931