Been a while. I miss the old days when we were all working on some Saiga project. My father recently passed, and in his gun collection I found a NIB Saiga 223. I have converted x39's, but never the 223. Any tips, suggestions, warnings? IIRC, there were different 223 models that required different conversion parts.....or am I mistaken? Does the 223 require a bullet guide? I know there is a company that converts saiga 223's to accept AR mags....is that a good option? Just really exploring the what if's right now. Thanks!

• Like 1

I have one and it is my best shooter. Yes it does need a bullet guide ,I tried the pre made ones but found that a homemade one works better. I have it converted to ar mags but it will still shoot factory mags that have be modified. I have a cheap Tapco folding stock and have treaded the barrel for a flash compensator. I have $390 in the the gun and have been offered $1200 but its just to good to let go. This started to be a throw away gun but it just runs. Good luck and have fun (just used standard Tapco trigger kit)

Edited by jerry52
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two. Conversion is pretty much straightforward just as the X39. I used the standard CSS bullet guide on both with fine results. I run Tapco Galil mags in both which run 100%. I also run Galil steel surplus where some run 100% and others not so great.😂

Edited by Spacehog
  • 2 weeks later...