• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few targets I plan on printing off and taking with me to the Lapeer shoot. Sorry they're so small, don't know how to make them bigger.           Anything in the ear is 5 pts.

from jews for the preservation of firearms ownership

http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/reactivetargetkingpin.htm http://www.varmintal.com/atarg.htm http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/52_free_targets.html   Had more, will post if i can find them....wh

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Want a 16oz propane bottle to make a fireball? Shoot it with a 50 BMG spotter/tracer into a hard backstop. Better be a few hundred yards off. If you happen to hit a bit high and blow the valve off it becomes a rocket with a random trajectory. Another fun one with the 50 is a 5gal bucket full of water, inverted. It goes off like a bomb from hydrostatic shock. Use a good hunting type bullet or a spotter, and ALWAYS be aware of your backstop.

Smaller stuff: Golf balls with any caliber. Ping pong balls are fun too. Eggs @ 175yds are tough targets and cheap. Don't forget pumpkins, but fill them with water first or they just don't do that much.

One of my favorites is a snowman with a bottle of tannerboom embedded in his chest. THAT is hilarious!

the small propane bottles for soldering and such can be done with a .22

just put them in a card board box with some paper and light it ... some times it takes a couple shots to go through depending on distance and all... but you get the fire ball when it does.

• 11 months later...

I have many rifles, pistols, and revolvers, along with a black powder rifle and revolver, and just one shotgun. Among all of this is new unconverted Saiga 223 Sporter which is a hoot to shoot! I have a shooting range on my property, and shoot a lot. There are no optics on any of my guns. I just prefer plain old open stock sights. I want to know where each shot lands. I use 8" paper plates for out to 50 yards. I spray paint them orange or black. I staple newspaper to my backboard, and staple the paper plate in the middle. If I miss, I can see where the shot went on the clean newspaper. I use masking tape to cover the holes on the newspaper, and switch paper plate often (if I'm having a good day). For 100 yard shooting, I need a bigger bulls eye to get a good sight picture. I cut out an 18" circle from a paper grocery bag and spray paint it orange or black. I constructed a simple movable wood frame and stapled a cheap tarp to it. I position this "wall" just to my right to stop my fired cases from flying in to the next county. I recycle all of my lead from my simple home-made sand trap for recasting. (Can you tell I'm a reloader?) Now I'm in the process of constructing some simple reactionary targets. All of this penny pinching allows me to buy more guns and produce more ammo. Life is good!

Don <><

Edited by genesis5521
  • Like 1

I was just picturing last night a folding steel swinger target/ bullet trap for similar reasons.

I have a large folder full of printable targets some of which I got from this thread. PM me if you want me to dropbox them to you.

+1 on frozen plastic bottles of water. I try to take a frozen milk jug and a couple slugs when someone is going shooting for the first time with me. It leaves a memorable first experience.

another necro-thread I see. well since this 8 year old thread has been dug up from the grave yard, I found a great way to make my own paper targets.

I bought a few brand new rolls of wall paper from a garage sale for 50 cents each, took a large cardboard box and cut out a man-size silhouette out of it, place the template on the back of the the wallpaper, and spray painted (bought a few cans of spray paint from a gargage sale for like 25 cents ea.) the target on that.

yes, I'm a cheap so-and-so, and I make no apologizes for it haha.gif

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1