^This post is meaningless without video! ^

Ok... Range REPORT on tracers and propane bottles...

I think you might as well stick with the standard rounds and a road flare... cause The bullet zipped right thru the bottle, it flew about 10 feet across the yard from the gas escaping from it... and NONE... ZILCH... ZERO....NADA fireball, flame, FIRE, poof, boom, bang, ZOWIE, or WHOOMP.....

all in all... ABSOLUTELY UNREMARKABLE.....

we DID shoot a 5 gallon pail of water... also UNREMARKABLE... flipped it upside down, the pail landed on the lid... and water PEED out the TWO LITTLE 1/2 inch holes on either side of the bucket...

Mind you there was enough whoomp to flip a 40 pound bucket a foot and a half in the air and flip it 180 upside down... but other than that... with the FMJ rounds... nothing...

I am in the process of working on reloading some with some BARNES X rounds... when I get some of those... I think the bucket should just about VAPORIZE... over 12000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy at 100M will still be quite the punch... we will see...

:smoke:

If you want to blow up a 5 gal bucket, shoot it with a 50BMG spotter-tracer. :D

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few targets I plan on printing off and taking with me to the Lapeer shoot. Sorry they're so small, don't know how to make them bigger.           Anything in the ear is 5 pts.

from jews for the preservation of firearms ownership

http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/reactivetargetkingpin.htm http://www.varmintal.com/atarg.htm http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/52_free_targets.html   Had more, will post if i can find them....wh

Posted Images

Please think about not using glass bottles. I inherited some property, and the people that used to rent it shot a LOT of glass bottles target practicing. I have filled up half of a 55 gallon drum with glass, and still have a lot more to pick up.

Glass will stay there forever, and stays sharp enough to cut the hell out of you if you are not careful.

Think about the next poor sob that has to come behind you.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here are a few targets I plan on printing off and taking with me to the Lapeer shoot. Sorry they're so small, don't know how to make them bigger.

post-6506-1223482730.jpeg

post-6506-1223482816.jpeg

post-6506-1223482821.jpeg

post-6506-1223482828.jpeg

Anything in the ear is 5 pts. Anything in the nose is 10 pts. Eyes and Hillary's mouth is 20. And anything in the flag or Freddy is -50.

Edited by Saigateen
  • 1 month later...

A target idea I did at the range was to get a remote control toy truck with the big wheels. Take a helium filled balloon and attach it to the truck at about four feet high, little lower or higher depending on your backstop. Now get your buddy to drive the truck and you try to hit it. If you don't want the balloon floating about to start with then attach the balloon to a thin wood dowel duck taped to the truck. It is a little bit easier to hit, but that depends on how bad your buddy wants you to miss. Using the wood dowel method you can tape a bulls eye target to the top of the dowel to actually get a score. Tons of fun. But be careful out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That is a little discusting... and alot hilarious!

Unforunetely where I live I am limited to shooting paper targets at a range. While that's just fine for the time being, seeing as how I'm only had my guns a few months. I know that will will get bored with that and want to go out and shoot actual objects (like giant buckets of water...) I live in a wooded area and I joke with my husband about securing targets to the trees outside our bedroom window... I'm sure the dog park across the woods would appreciate that as well :devil:

• 1 month later...

Our range prohibits using anything with a human face as a target. One thing I wanted to do though was get a group of friends to occupy adjacent lanes... Each would have a large 2 foot tall target which was just a single letter... The letters would be, in alphabetical order: C, F, K, U

Of course, if you lined them up in the correct order down-range at 100yards, all 30 lanes would get a chuckle.

• 2 months later...

I've found many of the target sites out there go away after awhile, so I put together this archive of targets from various places all are in PDF format and have medium sized previews. All the sources are listed, where available.

http://jobson.us/targets/index.php

You can PM me if you want something added, I won't put up any political related crap. Osama bin Laden, sure if someone has a good one of him, I'll host it, but not any US/Alied political figures.

• 2 months later...

I think a golf ball makes a cool target. You definitely know when you hit one-at least with a pistol. I kept in my golf bag for many years a ball I put a .45 ACP bullet through. It looked like a .22LR had hit it but I knew better! LOL. And yes, I like to play golf, when I can. I'm also trying to find some bowling pins, I'll call one of the local alleys tomorrow. Nothing cooler than going out to the cane fields and blasting away! Rules (other than safety) suck.

Refinement on the golfball: Tee that puppy up, see if you can get a reactive target! Longest "drive" wins... (BVamp and CGW crew, leave your golfball-launcher out of this... LOL)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...