AR or AK should i buy??

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

should i buy the romanian hi-cap AK-47 at my local dealer for $350. or should i buy a AR-10A4 (semi- 308 -20rnd mag) for $1383? i figured if i bought the AK i could buy ammo like its toilet paper, and bump fire it easy. but the 308 ammo would be expensive, hard to bump fire, but excellent for deer.

Apples and oranges man. An AR in 308 is a whole nother category than a standard AK. Personally, I think you should start with an AK, powerful, simple, and cheap to buy/shoot. But don't worry about it so much, you have a lot of time left.

your first gun should be a little one shot .22, then get a ruger 10/22. THEN you get a shotgun. play with cheap scopes/sights on them, then think about a high powered rifle when you are of pistol carrying age and havent had any problems. life will be easier like that. you dont want a lot of guns if you dont own property or have a strong lease, just because you cant reasonably expect to get a yes reply from a landlord on 20 guns in the house without a few thousand dollar safe.

look a lot, ask people if you dont know, and dont get too excited, a good session for me anyway is about 3 hours once or twice a week. take up golf for now, see if you can hit a good drive. if you still go back to shooting that old 22 or that old single shot 12 gauge in a few years, then maybe you are ready for an ak-47 my friend :) .......maybe

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

we have 9 guns, i am tired of shooting the 22. and i am tired of shooting the 12ga.shot gun. i have shot my dads saiga 7.62x39mm and i liked it. so i think i am ready to buy that $350 ak at my local shop.

Edited by FULL_AUTO_990

I tell ya, I still shoot my 22's pretty often. As for shotguns? well me persoanlly, I love shotguns. lots of good fun with my friends and family popping skeet or other action targets. My ak is fun to shoot, but I do get bored of just emptying it out after a mag or two. My armalite that I have I think is my favorite rifle, as I can drive nails with it at 100 yards all day long, PLUS my shoulder dont hurt after hours of shooting it. A 2 or 3 hour skeet session usually makes my shoulder feel like rubber. and as for my first single shot 22? yes I still shoot it from time to time, and for quiet, cheap fun, it cant be beat. you should work on your marksmanship with yours. Try charcoal briquettes at 50 yards without a scope. bet you cant go 5 for 5....

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

for right now i think i will buy the cheap ak, and then when i get my job here soon i will save for a bushmaster 308 or armalites new AR-10 semi-auto 300 winchester magnum!!! :super: bipods/scope/laser point/ muzzle brake/ 20 round mag/ practice for Sniping when i go into the army.