Saiga 12 trigger forward mod

Nearly 10 yrs ago, I picked up a Saiga 12 and put it in the safe.  Not even a trip to the range yet.  With all this covid stuff and home sheltering due to wildfire smoke, I'm sniffing out long overdue projects to work on.  The S12 gets pulled out and I'm looking at it.  Then catching up on this forum and wasn't even aware the import ban took place.

My question:  Do you feel it is desirable to perform S12 mods given the ban, i.e. limited inventory now?  I only thought to throw in a gas plug mod, buttstock and a pistol grip and leave it at that.  The S12 would just be a recreational tool to pull out occasionally.  I have other 12 ga go-to for anti-personnel if needed.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle waking up and learning of the ban so now I'm unsure if mods are better suited to other semiauto mag fed AK varients still being sold.

Thanks - 

ahhh, it's making sense now.  I wasn't bright enough to understand the history of the Saiga/AK design and what I have is a neutered variant.  okay, so my instinct for form-to-function wasn't just about fashion and that makes me happy (or lucky).  I'll google more on the Russian version for photos