12ga hi-cap mags?

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

can any other mag be modified to fit in the saiga 12?

no, you arent allowed to modify a magazine to fit to a different gun, or to hold more than factory provided amount or you commit a crime apparantly. oh yeh, plus its a felony. joy, huh?

no, not yet they dont make them here.

you cannot modify any magazine to fit a different gun or to have a higher capacity, but you can modify a gun to accept a different magazine, see my last reply...

On modifing magazines you can mod prebans to fit onto another gun. the catch is it still has to function in the gun it was intended for. Makes me want to look into the possibility to make the bolt lock open on the last round as well.

IPSC_GUY

Hey guys,noobie here. My bud ATD just got a Saiga 12. I shot it a couple times. Loved it. Got to get one myself! Anyway I been doing the AK thing for a while now and this is what I did for "higher cap" mags: take an empty mag stick it in your gun, take another empty mag, turn it upside down. Match it up with mag that's in the gun already(side by side), tape the mags together! (like a Mag-cinch only cheaper) Now before you guys fry me listen, I have only done this to 7.62x39 30 rd waffle mags. This might not work with Saiga-12 mags because of how the top shell sits in there.But if I had a Saiga-12 I'd at least try it. It could give you 5+5 rounds of butt kickin' 12 gauge!

We recently had more riots in St. Pete so I taped my 8 round mags tandem and took the gun out. I was just afraid that I was going to lose rounds out of the upside down mag. They are made to slide out pretty easy so I had to be careful taking it out of the front seat when I got out with it.

st pete. I was mugged by white people there. I dont travel without a weapon because of that anymore. (fool me once, shame on you, foll me twice...shame on ME) ...happened right out near the spy glass in the end of august one year, if you want to check. I waived my rights because the friggin TV was there and told em all to go away. go figure. my doctor at home made yer state pay him though :) was in pain for a week cause your buddies there didnt think it prudent to inform me that the state paid for the hospital if i was a victim of a crime. o well. florida sucks :) what can i say. oh, you guys owe me money. thats what i can say. :) (i aint worried about it, its old)

I dont know about reversing ak type mags on mag clamps, SP. I would try to keep them in-line or seperate. You have to rotate them out of place, and its not like you can keep going all the way around to fix the other end in in one fluid motion... I would think you would need a block between them to clip them together, either way.... yer just asking to get dirt or clothing in there, and pulling a round out halfway so you cant reload. Especially if its a crowd....these are NOT 20 round GI AR mags.

You're right, it would be better to tape them together upright with a block between them but I was in a hurry to get out there and I didn't have a block of any kind. If you think about it, though, tape with a block between Saiga mags would not be very sturdy and trying to rock the second mag into the magwell would be difficult. Someone needs to make a metal or hard plastic "Mag-Cinch" type of gadget for Saiga mags.

• 2 weeks later...

While it sure would be cool to have a hi-cap mag, at this point I'd be more than happy with another 5-rounder just as substitute mag.

I've hard time finding one. Every dealer seems to be out of stock. Well, maybe not everyone, yesterday someone offered a mag for $85. I guess that indicates that 12ga mags are completely sold out all over the country?

$85? I said, 'you can stick it where the sun dont shine'.

CDNN used to offer them for $24.99. Since there is shortage prices go up. That's ok with me. I m willing to pay $35.99 but not friggin 85.

Is there still somewhere a mag source and a reasonable price?

Edited by glockzilla20
While it sure would be cool to have a hi-cap mag, at this point I'd be more than happy with another 5-rounder just as substitute mag.

I've hard time finding one. Every dealer seems to be out of stock. Well, maybe not everyone, yesterday someone offered a mag for $85. I guess that indicates that 12ga mags are completely sold out all over the country?

$85? I said, 'you can stick it where the sun dont shine'.

CDNN used to offer them for $24.99. Since there is shortage prices go up. That's ok with me. I m willing to pay $35.99 but not friggin 85.

Is there still somewhere a mag source and a reasonable price?

try Tantal, I'm pretty sure he'll sell FOUR 5 rounders for $53USD shipped.

Edited by JesusCow

The last e-mail that I got from Tantal was about a month ago (so this may not be current). He said that he was out of the Saga-12 5 rounders. But the good news is that he said he has got some Saiga parts(!) in stock and is in the process of sorting through them to make a price guide/list. Wonder what kind of goodies he's got for us?

Tantal is still out of 5 rnders as of 1 week ago

Wowww, that's a jungle ....the guy who designed and organized the tantal website should be hanged ;)

hehehehe, maybe they did that before he worked on that site. It does take a bit of patience, but if you spend enough time you might find what you wanted and some extras...... hey, maybe that's the grand scheme. :lolol:

Hypothetically speaking, in Sept. providing all the planets line up and all is right in the world, could a Saiga mag be grafted onto the feed tower of a Knox drum? this was done to Suomi drums for use in Uzis and MP5s before the ATF put a stop to it under the must fit in the original weapon rule. I haven't seen a drum in person yet but it might be worth looking into just in case we come out on top with the AWB.

I like sentences that begin with the words: "Hypothetically speaking" :rolleyes:

My concern is that the AWB will be replaced by another kind of bullsh*t ban. However, there might be a time-gap for a few months. Will that be good enough for manufacturer and importer to get the job done? I've my doubts. :eek:

timg953: My friend really wants the knox conversion kit w/ drum for a NFA shorty pump shotgun, which I got to admit would be cool. As for USAS-12 drums, they have NO feed tower at all and would be difficult to use in a Saiga.

hartzpad: What's up with the 10rd USAS-12 mags in your picture? I've looked at some in person and they are way off from fitting a Saiga. Still, it'd be nice...I toyed with the idea in photoshop...

post-2-1086841875.jpg

I found this picture in the archives of the forum

post-2-1049659317.jpg

As you can see they will work will a little modification. They are just about 1mm too wide so you have to file/sand them down. Then you just have to fabricate new mag catches front and rear to make them work. I'll be trying them after the AWB sunsets in Sept.