Okay this is my first time doing this to an AK so I have the question of when I take everything out of my gun obviously I want to change the rear trunnion on my Lynx 12 to a underfolder trunnion now this may be a stupid question but after I remove the trunnion and replace it with an underfolder trunnion will I have to drill a hole like I said this is my first time so I'm trying to do it right and YouTube is no help

1607729069566-1402545363.jpg

You will first grind off the rivets holding your old trunnion in, and if the new underfolder trunnion is designed to fit that gun, they should have holes lined up with your receiver holes.  If they don't, you would drill new holes in your trunnion to line up with your receiver holes.  Don't drill new holes in your receiver

Cadiz gun works did an underfolder conversion on a Saiga-12 years ago. The recoil was described as "brutal" if I remember correctly.  Cobra did a polymer block external and slipped it on one of his as well.  I can't recall much beyond that it couldn't open/ close over magazines.

I put a similar polymer external block on my 7.62x39 without changing out the rear trunnion. It has the classic underfolder wobble, but if I get tired of it I can still go back to a fixed stock or folder.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Any luck with sourcing the underfolder trunnion & hardware for the 1.5mm receiver. What comes to mind is the Yugo M70 rear UF trunnion & hardware that might fit the Lynx but you'll end up needing to drill new set of holes and weld fill the existing hole pattern. There is a youtube video of a UF Lynx 12 SBR, its a looker alright.