Advice on how to actually mount AK handguards to my KS12

Alright, so I recently bought, refinished, and fitted some Romanian RPK furniture for my KS12, but I've run into a problem and have been a bit to lazy to address it, that is of course: how the hell do I get this mounted? I'm unsure what front handguard retainers to buy, and how they would exactly fit on with the big gas block in the way. On top of that, how would I get the top handguard mounted? Thanks.
9llp8xp720461.jpg

Edited by Maccaroni

You have to start with the retainers that you can buy for AK handguards and then severely modify them with dremmeling and cutting, fabricate mounting clips or tabs etc, then do TIG welding, detail grinding and finishing.

If you look around on here, you find examples of guns that people have done.  You could also contact a guy named Dinzag, he has manufactured some of the parts.  At one time, he had a bolt-on kit.

It's actually not hard, it is just a lot of detail work, like building a model airplane or something

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...