Saiga Info Please

I just found out about these rifles and I think I want one. I don't know much about them and I would like to learn more, price, availability, were to buy etc. etc. Can you guys help me out??

Thanks

Hi...the're the best in its class, period. You'll never ever find a brand new semi-automatic .308 rifle for the money you'll pay for a saiga. They are pretty accurate, reliable (remember...it's an AK), user friendly and fun. Overall they are the best you can find for the money.

oh man, you just FOUND OUT?

you do know they come in shotgun gauges too right?

welcome to our corner of the gun world! just dig through our forum here, and you will learn as much as you can click on and read...

order one from our friends at http://www.fbmginc.com and have it delievered to your dealer, where you pay a 20 dollar or so fee to do the yellow paper and take it home.....

if you have that type of problem with your dealers, get a 223 rifle. and a 12 gauge. yes, they come in 12 gauge, too. this will allow you to get ammo if you need it. I dont know if you plan to order cases of 7.62x39mm ammo or not.

we all pay ABOUT 2.85 a box for either 20 rounds of .223 or 7.62x39, or the same for 5 rounds of 12 gauge slug or 00 buck. 308 is a little more, and yes, there is a saiga for that as well, as you noticed. there is a 30-06 as well by the way.

I know you are talking about a 308, but I am just going by the fact that you admitted that you dont know much about these things at all, like the rest of us didnt when we first heard of them. Just trying to help is all.

I am guessing you are choosing 308 to hunt with? which is why you hadnt heard of these yet?

For the very low price of $350 your getting a brand new russian izhmash AK47 in 308win in a sporter wrapper. We have the depenadbility and reliability and a quality russian AK47 in a Saiga at an affordable price. Its more accurate than its AK brothers are too. I think the Russian Saiga's are the hottest thing to hit our shores right now ever since the chinese norinco sks did in the late 80's. I have been hammering my first saiga in 308 w/16" barrel at the range with 4 of us shooting it. I have never had one jam, stove pipe or FTF yet with it. If your in the market for a great 308 semi-auto that is accurate and it can take everything you can put it threw and then more the Saiga is it. I purchased a Saiga in 308 w/22" barrel and a saiga in .223rem right away too after seeing how great my 308 /16" barrel was to shoot.

I just took my new saiga's and lubed them up with moly and let them rock n roll!!!!

WARNING: The saiga's can be habit forming to your wallet too. After you shoot your first Saiga most saiga owners tend to open their wallets up and buy more Saiga's too. Its an addiction that the only cure is to buy more Saiga's. But the are a hoot to shoot too.

At the gun show today, one vendor had a 20" black synthetic .308 Saiga for... GET THIS... $279.00!!!!! Yeah, NO SHIT!!! :up: :up:

It did NOT last long!!!

I wish I had the loot I woulda bought it myself!!!!

As it was I TOOK IT HARD in the ass on my RRA/Bushy internal/ACE ARFX stocked AR15 lower... we wont even GO THERE... :ded::cryss::ded:

:smoke:

At the gun show today, one vendor had a 20" black synthetic .308 Saiga for... GET THIS... $279.00!!!!! Yeah, NO SHIT!!! :up: :up:

It did NOT last long!!!

As it was I TOOK IT HARD in the ass on my RRA/Bushy internal/ACE ARFX stocked AR15 lower... we wont even GO THERE... :ded::cryss::ded:

That's about the old cdnn price I bought mine for--this is good news!!!!

Thank you all for the info given to steve E. I only found out about Saigas in .308 (and all the other goodies) today.

After all this time trying to find the best possible .308 semi-auto a poor man can buy, I

finally stumble upon this info. I can stop my web searching now, and get down to the business

of aquiring what I need.

I will be gleaning all that I can from this site and putting it to use.

The only problem that I have had so far is that when I went to the web site above

(www.fbmginc.com) and tried to click on the pictures on the firearms page, I get a " Page Cannot Be Displayed". I've tried stopping and refreshing and all that, but no go.

Is there another way to get some these fine "implements of self preservation"?

I'm very interested.

In terms of a .308 battle rifle, and try to be unbiased, would a FAL or a Saiga be preferred? Looking at accuracy, capacity, cost, weight, reliability, etc. If I went with a 20" model could I stretch it out to 300-400 yards with fairly small groups (assuming I'm a good shot)?

• 2 weeks later...

Get the 308 16" barrel and the 308 22" barreled saiga's now before there all gone. Don't forget to get the 16" barreled saiga in .223rem too. If you can afford it go for the one in 7,62x39 you won't be sorry that you collected a few saiga's right now but down the road in a short time you'll be happy you did.

It did NOT last long!!!

I passed on a few saiga's too but from now on there going on the plastic if i don't have the funds and i'll worry about it later.

I just found out about these rifles and I think I want one. I don't know much about them and I would like to learn more, price, availability, were to buy etc. etc. Can you guys help me out??

---------------------------

There is a new importer back east I think the state is stamped on the gun, but I live in Wyoming so I was way more interested in the new store in Draper Utah at http://www.fbmginc.com/ Their phone, fax, and email address is on the website.

I just bought a saiga IZ 139 (model 308-1) for $347.00 yesterday (6may 2006)

They have every saiga variant that you can think of, plus quite a few that I didn't even know about (there are about 10 variants of the .308 version alone.

That doesn't even count the .223 variants the 12ga. variants that x39 variants etc.

I would have loved to get one for less than $200.00 but I was happy that my new .308 saiga cost me $100 less than the AK-47 Mak 90 I bought 5 years ago. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short.)

GW

Edited by greywolf

Thanks

Kinda late on this thread. Best advice --- leave now for these rifles are very addicting. They have been known to empty wallets, time, caused marital problems and loss of sleep.

Not joking.

Thank you all for the info given to steve E. I only found out about Saigas in .308 (and all the other goodies) today.

After all this time trying to find the best possible .308 semi-auto a poor man can buy, I

finally stumble upon this info. I can stop my web searching now, and get down to the business

of aquiring what I need.

I will be gleaning all that I can from this site and putting it to use.

The only problem that I have had so far is that when I went to the web site above

(www.fbmginc.com) and tried to click on the pictures on the firearms page, I get a " Page Cannot Be Displayed". I've tried stopping and refreshing and all that, but no go.

Is there another way to get some these fine "implements of self preservation"?

I'm very interested.

------------------------

www.fbmginc.com is a "new" website and a "new store", but they have an email address, & phone #, and the folks seemed friendly enough at the store in Draper Utah, and if their is something wrong with their webpage let 'em know know by email -- they seemed very willing to accomade me yesterday, and they are probably still working on their website...

I got the thumnail version pictures ok on their website, along with a desription.

So whith that much info I was willing to call them and ask them to hold an IZ 139 (308-1) and then drive the 90 miles to go get it the next day. (after all "an AK is an AK is an AK") -- no matter what caliber or model varient you go for, And the quality is very good on the Saigas -- right down to the Chrome lined barrels.

I think he main usa Importer (now) is in Scottsburg IN. (Indiana?--I'm not good with state abreveations) At leaat that is what is stamped on my .308 Saiga -- the manual says it was mfg.ed in Agust of 2005

They will ship a gun to you through an FFL dealer in your area, you'll likely have to pay the transer fee at

your end -- pawn shops are usually willing to do this or you.

In terms of a .308 battle rifle, and try to be unbiased, would a FAL or a Saiga be preferred? Looking at accuracy, capacity, cost, weight, reliability, etc. If I went with a 20" model could I stretch it out to 300-400 yards with fairly small groups (assuming I'm a good shot)?

-------------------------------

That is like comparing a Caddilac to a Volkswagen beetle -- they will both get you there, but how much do you want to spend on the transport system? Vs. how much do you want to be able to spend on "fuel" (ammo)

Me? I'd love to have an FAL, but I would be afraid to take it anywhere.

Realisticly, I would rather spend less for the Saiga, and then with all that extra money I would save, I could buy more ammo. So I would vote for "the cheaper gun and lower operating costs" (more shooting). After all a gun without ammo is just an expensive "club". Wolf ammo has proved that to all us AK-47 shooters this year :evil:

Besides, my eyesight ain't what it used to be (nor is my wallet, thanks to the "global economy theory"--but that's another story...), so I'll never be a "sniper". FAL's are for "real" snipers out in "real" war zones.

Saigas are for people that like to have a decent gun based on a worldwide "WAR PROVEN DESIGN", that they can afford to shoot, and they won't cry if the gun gets sctratched, or if they fall down in the mud with it.

And I'm willing to bet the Saiga in the hands of a good shooter can hold groups nearly as tight as an FAL --but there again, if your planning on hitting something the size of a human head at 400-500 yards, you better plan on spending as much on the optics as you did for for the FAL.

Edited by greywolf

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Apr 21 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only way to have too many guns, is if you don't have anything left for ammo!

G O B

I'll go along with that!

I own somewhere in the vicinity of 25 guns (mostly handguns --Yes I'm a handgun Freak), but it's now a real problem to stay in sufficent stock of ammo for everything I own -- and the wife is positive that I have a real problem when it comes to guns.

And she really gets pissed when I buy 1000 rd. cases of any kind of ammo. (Wolf x39 ammo is an especially sore subject between us right now.) :ded:

I just tell her that "every American citizen should have enough firearms AND ammo to start their own private war" -- she does NOT find this concept humorus. (the BATF probably wouldn't either) :angel:

GW

Two different rifles completely. The FAL is a great battle rifle - takes inexpensive and readily available mags. They are quite a bit higher priced.

The Saiga is a great value and is accurate (from what I've read) but the mag is 8 (easily mod.d to 10) rounder and hi-caps are still not resolved.

If there were hi-cap mags available, there would be no question that the Saiga would be the way to go IMHO.

You could do what I've done - get both! :D