.308 Questions-

Hi.

I recently traded for a Saiga .308 from a fellow member, and have a few questions of the gurus here.

1). Have any of you needed to file and fit the bolt entry cuts on the receiver? Is this a common issue?

2). If I'm about 3" high at 50 yards will bullet drop bring it closer in-line with dead-on at 100 yards, or ought I still fiddle with the post elevation? Should the RSB be set at roughly 100m for that range (I realise a Metre is roughly 10% greater than a yard)?

3). If I find a metal rear-trunion adaptor for a tele-stock, will the stock function correctly / not break under the force of recoil? Which adaptor and tele-stock do you recommend? ( ACE, etc.)

4). If I remember correctly, Indian-manufactured .308 / x51 has a bad reputation. Is it a definite no-no food source?

I appreciate your time and patience.

-Kyrinn

Edited by Kyrinn

1. They're tight, but you shouldn't need to open them up. Just practice with it.

2. That should put you close to dead on at 250 yards, or a little more. 2" high at 25 should put you dead on at 250. In short, play with the elevation on the front sight some more.

3. ACE ltd. 'Nuff said.

4. It's not worth the hassle you'll get over it. Just buy something higher quality to begin with.

Much like Tokageko stated- I have found the average .308 tends to shoot between 1.5"-2.0" high under 50 yards and about dead on @ around 200 yards. I have a Saiga .308 that I have totally lost interest in after my last AR build. I picked this up partially converted w/o a fcg and have since gathered a Crapco g2 for a conversion just pretty much to sell it. It has a fal grip on it and a bipod. I also have a psop6x scope that has never been mounted as well. The thing that really pushed me over the edge is the fact I bought some bulk .308 Indian ammo that I am afraid to shoot. just for reference a meter is 39" as opposed to the 36" in a yard. Have fun with dialing in your new Saiga and post your next range report.

RSH

Yeah. roughly 10% more. :D

What kind of bi-pod do you have mounted?

Thanks for the response.

Much like Tokageko stated- I have found the average .308 tends to shoot between 1.5"-2.0" high under 50 yards and about dead on @ around 200 yards. I have a Saiga .308 that I have totally lost interest in after my last AR build. I picked this up partially converted w/o a fcg and have since gathered a Crapco g2 for a conversion just pretty much to sell it. It has a fal grip on it and a bipod. I also have a psop6x scope that has never been mounted as well. The thing that really pushed me over the edge is the fact I bought some bulk .308 Indian ammo that I am afraid to shoot. just for reference a meter is 39" as opposed to the 36" in a yard. Have fun with dialing in your new Saiga and post your next range report.

RSH

Yeah.

I've been using S. African, and it seems solid.

I'll have to remember that the Pakistani stuff has gotten one thumbs-up.

Thanks. :)

On the indian ammo, I would stay away from it, there are some that say the earler stuff(seventies vs ninties and later) is ok, but I stay away, australian southafrican are so good, and the sa is available, even pakastani seems to be ok compared to indian.

The bipod mounted is a Rockmount which is a Harris knockoff. The Rockmount looks similar to the Harris at about half the price and so far I really like it. I can't seem to add a picture as i get the can't add dynamic photos or some other bs so here is a yahoo photos link. Everyone has a yahoo account- right?

RSH

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slowdriftn/d...scd.jpg&.src=ph]yahoo photos[/url]