fails to feed. It looks like the edges of the ramp in the chamber have very sharp edges. The tip of the round gets hung up on the bottom portion of the ramp instead of going into the chamber. The ammo is russian FMJ. 20 rounds is all that has gone through the rifle so far. Has anyone had this problem?

mrapathy, maybe I should have been more simplistic in my question. Have you or anyone had a problem with rounds not feeding in a new Saiga 223?? And what might the problem or problems be?

stock saiga misfeed.

would take the top cover off and check it out being sure not to have a hand near trigger or use dummy round or snap cap if u have one. watch the round to see what happens if it falls low and hits below the chamber would check the magazines feedramp if it looks worn would either ditch it or call EAA up see about replacement or get a feedramp and try that out see if it will feed right.

if the chamber has sharp edge would probably take it to gunsmith and ask to get it dulled and polished. both my 223 and 7.62x39 have rounded edge to chamber.

bullet should catch into the chamber and then bolt should force it in further.

on regular ak they have feedramp though saiga does not its built into the feedramp.