Stupid questions

I tried searching through old posts and am still not clear on some probably stupid and common questions. I am considering a Saiga .223 I have also considered a 7.62x39 but the .223 is so much more common. I do like to plink and unload some mags every once in a while, how is the 7.63x39 for recoil? How is it for range compared to the .223 saigas. I want to be able to reach out in a SHTF situation but still be able to do some pretty fast follow ups all day without giving myself a contusion. I hope the ammo is back soon

There seems to be a common problems with mags. What is the problem? What mags work with it? How much is the AR mag conversion?

I like the front handguard but it seems to be an unpopular part. Is there anything really wrong with it? I want to do a pistol grip conversion and I noticed alot of people who do it end up replacing the handguard too. How much is the cheapest pistol grip conversion? Its pretty important to me. I also hear the factory irons are no good, any good replacements or fixes to the problem?

sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks!

Edited by LTwon
I also hear the factory irons are no good, any good replacements or fixes to the problem?

Check my post on "Lets see some targets" in the general section...

I think you will be suprised at just how good the X39's will shoot with the iron sights. I have NOT YET posted targets from the .223 saigas... but they will be coming!!!! I do not expect them to be any worse... and hopefully will fare as good or even better depending on the ammo I can run thru the rifles...

:smoke:

I also hear the factory irons are no good, any good replacements or fixes to the problem?

Check my post on "Lets see some targets" in the general section...

I think you will be suprised at just how good the X39's will shoot with the iron sights. I have NOT YET posted targets from the .223 saigas... but they will be coming!!!! I do not expect them to be any worse... and hopefully will fare as good or even better depending on the ammo I can run thru the rifles...

Thanks! Nice avatar btw. Im new to pretty much anything AK/russian. Is the x39 ammo supposed to be less accurate than the .223? What about effective range?

edit: I looked but cant firnd your thread. Even did a search. Do you have a link?

Edited by LTwon

I will post the link... and I will also LATER TONIGHT post some pics of some groups I shot with my Saiga .223's earlier today. One shot better than the other... but thats no suprise, as some barrels will like a certain flavor more so than another identical barrel...

I was able to get a near 1" group with the irons at 50M... using black hills 52 grain moly coated HP.

Wolf 223 was giving me *ONE FOOT GROUPS* out of my AR15 at 50M!!!!!! When I used the black hills I tightened that down to sub MOA... I must have had a shitty box of wolf or something... cause I have NEVER seen it shoot THAT BADLY before!!!!

heres the link to some targets...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=10664

Stop by later... I will have pics posted of the S223 groups tonight around midnight EST...

Cant wait! What kind of 100yd groups can you get?

Couple more questions:

- what mags can be used with a .223 saiga

- how much are the cheaper PG conversions?

- can they take 5.56?

- How much are AR mag conversions?

Edited by LTwon