Alright....so taking the advice of many o member here i've decided to look around at many different pistols for my carry gun. This being said the Gander Mt (yes i know i'm in there alot its kinda addicting) has a Taurus Millenium in .45 acp, this seems to fit my hand well and I like the idea of a .45 more than a smaller caliber.

its going for just under 300 dollars there, which is do able as long as my car dosen't need too much for inspection and i get confirmation for a job i've applied for.

What I'm looking for from my fellow members is any input they have on this pistol....since you guys did so well last time go for it :super:

thanks guys

I have the Taurus PT 99 and 92 in 9mm, both fine pistols. I read the reviews about the Taurus Millennium in .45 acp and it sounds like an outstanding carry gun.

Mike

There were some early reports of the first models (Millenium) being a little bit unreliable. Taurus fixed the bugs and came out with the Millenium Pro and I've not come across any bad reviews. A .45 will be heavier, harder to conceal, more expensive to shoot, kick harder, and lower capacity but besides the negatives there's a lot to be said about the increased stopping power. Check to see if it's the Pro or not and if it's not do some searches on other boards to see what the main problems are with the regular Millenium and if they're problems you think you could easily live with.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the PT 140 Millenium. It didn't have the problems that the .45 had. I liked it . Some members on another board shot up some junk cars. For some reason the .45 cal version one member had did not penetrate more than one door panel. My .40cal would penetrate two panels. Mine would also penetrate the door post, his didn't. That was with different kinds of ammo. We thought it might be the extra velocity with the 165grain bullet that gave the extra penetration. The .40 mags hold 10 rounds. I don't remember how many the .45 holds. The pro looks like it has a nice rubber grip. It might have been a nicer pistol. The PT 140 M sure liked the 165gr speer gold dot, and the WW box 165gr 100 round value pack at China Mart.

Edited by cscharlie

well after looking more in depth into this gun, it looks attractive but is definately a lemon...at least half of the guys who responded gave poor reviews at best. There seems to be frame problems with the regular Millenium model. Basicly the breaking point was around 600 rounds, yes taurus will replace it but it will break again.

so...back to the begining of the pistol search

well after looking more in depth into this gun, it looks attractive but is definately a lemon...at least half of the guys who responded gave poor reviews at best. There seems to be frame problems with the regular Millenium model. Basicly the breaking point was around 600 rounds, yes taurus will replace it but it will break again.

Look into the Millenium Pro by Taurus, look into Kahrs, and tho I hate to say it, look into Glocks. A bit more money but you'll be glad you spent it when you have a gun you're happy with forever.

Look into the Millenium Pro by Taurus, look into Kahrs, and tho I hate to say it, look into Glocks. A bit more money but you'll be glad you spent it when you have a gun you're happy with forever.

looks like i'm going to get stuck with a "block" gun but if it gets the job done 110% of the time i don't have to worry about what it looks like

looks like i'm going to get stuck with a "block" gun but if it gets the job done 110% of the time i don't have to worry about what it looks like

What's a "block" gun?

its a term i've been using i doubt its offical and i may have heard it some where else first but he is my definition....

block gun- a gun styled like a glock (which in my opinon looks like a block and therefore not appealing to my eye)

i've had to use it alot more since my two best friends got Xds and have been telling me to go with them but i need a saftey that i have to flip off, not one that any gangbanger can use just by picking it up and pulling the trigger

• 10 months later...

I have a Millenium Pro .45 ACP. I forget what it holds, but it's like 11+1, 12+1 something like that...Pretty awesome amount of reliable, hard-hitting firepower in a very compact and comfortable weapon. Pretty heavy for it's size, but heck, with that much lead loaded anything is gonna weigh a bit.

I believe I paid right at $300.00 NIB at a local gun show, it's stainless slide on polymer frame.

I've pushed maybe 750 rounds through it, never had a FTF or FTE yet, as far as I can recall.

I strongly endorse this little gun. Great CCW item.

guido2 in Houston

I have a Millenium Pro .45 ACP. I forget what it holds, but it's like 11+1, 12+1 something like that...Pretty awesome amount of reliable, hard-hitting firepower in a very compact and comfortable weapon. Pretty heavy for it's size, but heck, with that much lead loaded anything is gonna weigh a bit.

I believe I paid right at $300.00 NIB at a local gun show, it's stainless slide on polymer frame.

I've pushed maybe 750 rounds through it, never had a FTF or FTE yet, as far as I can recall.

I strongly endorse this little gun. Great CCW item.

guido2 in Houston

I had the .40 Millenium. I enjoyed it but did not like the amount of trigger pull. I got snap caps and got used to it. I would like to get the 24/7. I have heard that is a better performer. Here is my former friend. (now the saiga slush fund)

post-5283-1175220534_thumb.jpg

I own and love a MilPro PT145. The DAO one with a rail, so that would make it 2nd gen I think.

The gun is awesome. Smooth trigger, always goes bang, 10 rounds of 45ACP in something that can fit into your pocket....

I hear the SA/DA are even better. I would highly recommend one.

doesn't the Millenium also come with a titanium slide?

Only the Ti models.

I have the "old school" PT111, so far so good.

Picked up some mag extensions for it, doesn't look like there is much to the trigger mechanism once you have it taken down.

Snap Caps are the way to go I guess, dry fire is a "no no", says so on my manual for it.

Now that the weather is getting better, I'd really like to go out and put a couple hundred more rounds through it.

I picked mine up for $230, barely even used.