Hi all, I am looking for suggestions for an EDC pocket knife for my daughter for her birthday/Christmas.

This will be her first "real" knife, something beyond the no name steel of a budget knife.

Here are my criteria at the moment: Price: $25 max... she is not the most careful of people with her stuff so the knife needs to be affordable to replace in the event of it being lost.

Less would be nice for now. Steel: stainless, not carbon... see comment above lol. Blade: under 3" but not too much under - maybe 2.5". Fine edge,

not serrated... I want her to be able to learn how to sharpen it without the fuss of the serrations. Locking mechanism: prefer a lockback...

I am not worried about her being able to open/close the knife one handed edc pocket knife, more concerned about her safety and keeping her fingers well out of the way when closing it.

Left handed: yes, she's a lefty, unless I am missing something it seems to me that is another point against a liner lock for her.

Pocket clip: I don't mind if it doesn't have one or if it does it needs to be reversible. Secondary considerations:

Weight: not a big issue but she is an itty bitty thing so lighter is probably better. Color: she is a girl when all is said and done so color options like purple,

pink would be nice... and some bright color might help her find it! So far I am leaning towards the Buck Bantam BBW so I would welcome any experiences anyone has with that knife as well as other suggestions.

Edited by marcwells
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.