Need Saiga 20 help

I bought a Saiga 20 gauge that already has some upgrades, Zhukov stock and an updated grip. It fires ok but has cycling issues So I figured I’d tear the gun down to see if it’s had any of the problem parts switched out, gas puck, 6 position gas regulator ext. I noticed it only has the stock 2 position gas regulator plug, I removed the plug and I pulled the bolt and everything out and popped the puck out. I noticed that there was a thick cleaning patch wadded up in between the puck and the regulator along with tons of nasty build up , witch I thought was very strange. I cleaned up all the parts and put it back together thinking that the cleaning patch being stuck in there could be causing all the problems. Now I notice the gas puck is moving back and fourth in there, I can hear it moving in there, if you shake it back and fourth. There seems to be space between the puck and the regulator. This doesn’t seem normal does anyone have any thoughts. I plan to replace the puck with a CCS reliability kit. 

I’m sure whoever had the gun before me jammed that patch in there to keep the gas plug from moving back and fourth. My question is, does this thing have the wrong plug or regulator or something, there shouldn’t really be that much of a void of space in there as far as I know. This gas puck shouldn’t move at all ? 

• 4 weeks later...