How to remove butstock of saiga 12K

5 hours ago, Fame.PSK said:

How to remove the saiga 12k butstock? Pins must be hammered from the top or bottom?. Noticed that the bottom pin bigger than the top.  But I looked at the review of the exp-01 model. Why did they pin it from the bottom?

4E4AC10A-B9A9-4CA2-B1DE-8B38EE1D2C4D.jpeg

E37C87D8-8BD8-48AF-BF7F-A57A74D934BF.jpeg

I have a lot of Saiga 12's and all of them, pin removal is out the top. It is a single pin with stepped diameters. It should come out pretty easily by tapping the pin out the top.

4 hours ago, Namsag said:

I have a lot of Saiga 12's and all of them, pin removal is out the top. It is a single pin with stepped diameters. It should come out pretty easily by tapping the pin out the top.

Mine version top pin dia. is 5.0mm and bottom is 5.5 mm.

Any suggestions on have to remove it?

211411D0-B8F3-4968-AE8E-93AC8687A179.jpeg

AF01BB69-682A-4B52-A8E8-26E210D2BAAA.jpeg

Looking at the scale pics, it does look like the pin is reversed. Not seen that before. The pin will come out but it looks like it has to come out the bottom as shown in the pics. Find the location the stock seems to have the least amount of friction when folding it. Start there and start tapping the pin downward. It has to come out. Pin diameters are giving me pause but drive it out the bottom. Start the process and keep checking for progress.

11 minutes ago, Namsag said:

Looking at the scale pics, it does look like the pin is reversed. Not seen that before. The pin will come out but it looks like it has to come out the bottom as shown in the pics. Find the location the stock seems to have the least amount of friction when folding it. Start there and start tapping the pin downward. It has to come out. Pin diameters are giving me pause but drive it out the bottom. Start the process and keep checking for progress.

The pin in question here has a reduced diameter in the middle of the pin. It was used in conjunction with a lever that prevented the gun from fireing when the stock was in the folded position. Can't tell if those extra components are in this trunnion. Make sure they are not present. If they are, they will have to be removed as they might interfere with pin removal. Check this out remove if needed, and proceed with pin removal. Note. Never seen a 2 piece pin. Russians wouldn't do that.