will I have problems?

Guest glockzilla20

Hi folks, great forum!

I expect a 12ga to arrive this week! Will I have problems with the mag? I ve read a bunch or reports how difficult it is to operate the mag for the first time.

Or is it just a matter of being clumsy?

G20

so you have to push the rounds down to get one in it, its easy enough. take a good look into the magazine before you load it the first time is all...there is a channel for the hull rims to fit into...

Guest Guest

I have found that a full clip hits the bolt follower.It will snap in with a good whack(these are russian) Or hold bolt back with thumb of right hand and install mag with left.As soon as I get the chance to install BHO (bolt hold open) this will be even easier.

G O B

yeh it is about 100 times easier with the bolt hold open that I have than just jamming it into the mag well...if only there were another part with a spring on it so it would work like AR's do and hold open on the last shot....one could only wish, right?

I love my bolt hold open, wish my AK had it too so I could tell at a glance it was safe! I'm still considering putting the AR-15 vertical grip on my Saiga 12...you know, the one on blackjackbuffers. Not sure if recoil would cause problems though <_<

i have a bho but i rarly use it anymore, i have no problem loading my mags into the gunwith it closed, only time i use the bho is at the trap range cause they dun like me standing on line with a loaded gun untill its time to shoot, so i just leave off the mag and drop a shell in till its my turn, throw it up on the shoulder and pop the release right as i yell PULL haha