S-12, 19", Bolt Hold Open or not???

Well, it lets you lock the bolt back to make attaching a full magazine easier.

Are you looking at threaded or unthreaded 19" guns? The attachments really improve the flexibility of the gun.

Threaded as in a choked model? The "muzzle adaptor" feature the dealers are advertising has me confused......are these chokes, or are these the pieces parts that got the 17.2" "19s" up to 19"?

• 1 year later...

I would like to know if there are any pros or cons to the bolt hold open device also. The bolt hold open sounds tempting but I was wandering if it caused any reliability problems, if it made it harder to change the trigger group and if it made it harder to do an ak type conversion on later.

I am getting a saiga in about 2 weeks and I would like to know because in the future I am very seriously considering having it converted to look more like an ak by a local gunsmith.

Do they have any instock? I'm looking to buy one.

I want to start shooting my empty beer cans like Cobra. :killer::super: I've got a hell of a pile to go through.

Edited by Racer 27
Hey fellas,

I'm looking at buying a S-12 19". Should I opt for the BHO or not? Any pros-cons between the two designs? Thoughts? I noticed that BHO equipped S-12s are slightly cheaper...any idea why?

Does anyone have them cheaper than...

http://www.saigacentral.com/

and

http://www.fbmginc.com/products.htm

tnx

Toad

this is just my opinion...

if you are going to send it to tromix... i think he can take a melted down saig and turn it into what you want...

in other words he can customize what you send... that way you can get a 24" that are more commonly available

you should get a bho though... convert to last round bho