Scope mounts for a 223 saiga

I just aquiroed a saiga 223 that i would like to turn into a coyote/prarie dog killing machine. Do any of you guys know where i can get a scope mount for this rifle. Im assuming that the little fixture on the left hand side of the reciever is where the mount mounts to. Any help would be great, thanks.

I just aquiroed a saiga 223 that i would like to turn into a coyote/prarie dog killing machine. Do any of you guys know where i can get a scope mount for this rifle. Im assuming that the little fixture on the left hand side of the reciever is where the mount mounts to. Any help would be great, thanks.

I have a used one (from the same factory as the Saigas) that i trimmed down a bit of metal on to make room for the illumination knob on a compact scope. It is not exactly pretty, but it still does the job....have since moved to another type of mount to use a larger scope.

would be happy to sell it to you for $10+shipping.

otherwise.....Kalinka optics sells them (i know there some threads to avoid them, but i got one there pretty quick but not super cheap....

some on ebay as well.

Look at the mounts on East Wave to see the low- and high-rise mounts. Check on eBay also--there are mounts there almost all the time. Check some of the AK parts websites like Centrfire, Global Trades, Tantal. Have even seen mounts starting to appear in Sportsmens Guide recently. You can find them most commonly with a rail or occasionally already with scope rings. Also try place a WTB in the for sale/trade section of the forum.:smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

Call ANVS company in SLC, Utah toll free on 1-800-561-2345. Bought a nice side mount scope with Weaver style base. Sits over center of bore. Cost was about 45 bucks. If you get one, take all the screws out and apply some Loctite. Screws did loosten a bit on second firing. Use medium height scope rings with 40 mm objective lens on scope and the whole mess will just clear over the rear iron sight.

I am assuming from your comments that you are not familiar with the russian posp scopes? Here is a standard 4x mounted on my .308 - will fit on any ak scope rail - like yours. This scope has a range finding reticle and is illuminated - perfect for early morning or early evening shots in low-light. You do need a cheek pad or something to get your eye in-line with the scope though as they mount high...

20500Saiga_308_left_side.jpg

You can get one at: http://www.freedomoptics.com among other places.

You can also get just the scope rail at the same place and mount a standard scope if desired.