where do I get my saiga add ons

I trying to find a draganov style skeleton stock with cheek rest and a pistol grip who offers these that fit the saiga and what do the cost mine has the standard stock with just two screw holes

To use a drag type stock you will need to convert the gun back to its intended form. Meaning you will have to move the trigger group back to the original nonsporting location. There are many tutorials on this site. I recommend the Choate stock. It has the best quality and looks the best as far as im concerned. Here is my 7.62x39 with the Choate:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6177&hl=

Edited by stokstad

I trying to find a draganov style skeleton stock with cheek rest and a pistol grip who offers these that fit the saiga and what do the cost mine has the standard stock with just two screw holes

To use a drag type stock you will need to convert the gun back to its intended form. Meaning you will have to move the trigger group back to the original nonsporting location. There are many tutorials on this site. I recommend the Choate stock. It has the best quality and looks the best as far as im concerned. Here is my 7.62x39 with the Choate:

Not entirely true. THe Russians have made us a SVD tyled stock that does not require any modifications to the weapon at all. We are hoping to have them here in June.

You could go with a used stock from a ban style SAR - they are for sale on different boards and probably gunbroker - this is the laminated wood thumbhole type stock with molded cheek rest. Would compliment a wood forend nicely.

Not entirely true. THe Russians have made us a SVD tyled stock that does not require any modifications to the weapon at all. We are hoping to have them here in June.

ok at this time there are none and with a russian stock it makes it more difficult to meet 922r. Besides that they dont look very good.

You could go with a used stock from a ban style SAR - they are for sale on different boards and probably gunbroker - this is the laminated wood thumbhole type stock with molded cheek rest. Would compliment a wood forend nicely.

Will these stocks fit without moving the trigger group? And should they fit the 410s?, Cheaperthandirt has these extremely cheap right now.

Will these stocks fit without moving the trigger group? And should they fit the 410s?, Cheaperthandirt has these extremely cheap right now.

The trigger would have to be moved, they fit a standard ak rifle, not a saiga.

so the guys at Fbmg will have a stock in june and since I'm in utah I can go get one my question now is is there anyone that offers a stock like that know without having to relocate the trigger foward other than that.

922r You must have 10 or fewer parts to use a pistol grip stock. The USA conversion trigger group is 3 parts, add a USA piston and a USA butstock (part of the Drag ) and then you will be legal. NOONE on this board will answer a question on how to build an illegal weapon.

G O B

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ May 19 2006, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

922r You must have 10 or fewer parts to use a pistol grip stock. The USA conversion trigger group is 3 parts, add a USA piston and a USA butstock (part of the Drag ) and then you will be legal. NOONE on this board will answer a question on how to build an illegal weapon.

G O B

Please, where does one find a US .308 Piston, or will a standard AK 47 Piston do?

Also, I forgot who has the US .308 foreguards. Is it TAPCO?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ May 19 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

G O B

If you use a US-made thumbhole stock (with trigger forward conversion) or a us-made buttstock and pistol grip, and a G-2 or RSA fire control group then the imported parts count would be:

barrel

handguard

trunions

receiver

bolt carrier

bolt

gas piston

mag body

mag floorplate

mag follower

That's 10 parts and 922r legal ...

If you want to use the $10 laminate romanian "drag" stocks, then that would count as one or two imported parts (buttstock [and] pistol grip). But doesn't the use of the thumbhole stock preclude 922r? The current crop of thumbhole, low cap WASR's are excluded as sporting arms aren't they? :wacko:

so the guys at Fbmg will have a stock in june and since I'm in utah I can go get one my question now is is there anyone that offers a stock like that know without having to relocate the trigger foward other than that.

Given that owning the rifle is legal in your area, the trigger forward conversion is a simple procedure and requires only a hand drill and dremel with attachments. So, if you are at all handy, don't let that stand in your way!

Here is a pic of my conversion - took under an hour:

20500308_Saiga_conv_left_side-med.jpg

Look around in this forum and you will find many cool (and legal) conversions using all kinds of furniture options.

Edited by O.S.O.K.
  • 2 weeks later...

OSOK, i have a question, i looked at the conversion that someone posted on some website, but noticed that my Saiga, just like yours i believe, doesn't have the rear 2 rivets in the receiver like the one on his site does, how did you get your trigger assy. out? I wanna make sure about this before i buy the parts for my conversion, i picked up my saiga today, and can't wanit to convert it, but want to be totally ready, and it can obviously be done, because you did yours, and i don't see the 2 rear most holes in the receiver.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Jason

OSOK, i have a question, i looked at the conversion that someone posted on some website, but noticed that my Saiga, just like yours i believe, doesn't have the rear 2 rivets in the receiver like the one on his site does, how did you get your trigger assy. out? I wanna make sure about this before i buy the parts for my conversion, i picked up my saiga today, and can't wanit to convert it, but want to be totally ready, and it can obviously be done, because you did yours, and i don't see the 2 rear most holes in the receiver.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Jason

The .308 Saiga just uses a long trigger extension rather than the cross-pins used in the 7.62x39 rifles - the .308 is simple as pie to convert.

Check this - just disregard the part about drilling those pins out - the rest is relevant: http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

Also, disregard the mag conversion info of course...

Basically, you field strip the rifle, remove the buttstock screws and the buttstock. Then you disasemble the fire control group and remove. Grind the rivets holding the trigger guard and remove that. Next, you drill or grind the rivets and spot welds holding the conversion plate on and then remove the conversion plate. Finally, drill the holes to remount the trigger guard forward and then use some nuts and bolts to secure it - after cutting the back piece off (too long for pistol grip). Then install the new us-made fire control group and us made buttstock and pistol grip - you'll need to get a mounting block and screw for the pistol grip. Or, if you're wanting the drag type stock - install that. That's it. Harder to describe than to do.