My 22" Saiga with pg conversion

Finished this up this morning - had to do a little tweeking to the RSA fcg - was sticking. Anyhoo - here are the pics:

20500Saiga_308_conv_right_side.jpg

20500308_Saiga_conv_left_side.jpg

20500Saiga_underside_308_conversion.jpg

This was a pretty easy project. Once you get the trigger guard and add-on floor plate removed, all of the holes that you need are there exept for the trigger guard holes, which are no biggy. I used Duplicolor high-temp flat black paint to finish the bottom - baked in the oven (just barrely fit!) at 300 degrees for a couple of hours - worked great. Seems to be very durable and matches the stock finish perfectly!

The only glitch was the RSA fcg as mentioned - the hammer was sticking in the lower unit - on the side. So, I just milled a bevel on the part of the hammer that was sticking and problem solved.

The fcg does have some side-to-side play and I may get some spacers and fix that, but maybe not - with the bolt hold open, the fcg install is very challenging - its the dang hold open spring - didn't want to cooperate.

Anyway, thaks to everybody that provided feedback and advice. :)

looks sharp, now you need to vent the handguard! :)

does the BHO rub on your trigger finger? mine did, and i had to grind it down so its *just* long enough to work. (when BHO is engaged, the lever is flush with the receiver.)

looks sharp, now you need to vent the handguard! :)

does the BHO rub on your trigger finger? mine did, and i had to grind it down so its *just* long enough to work. (when BHO is engaged, the lever is flush with the receiver.)

And yeah, the bho does annoy me a little too. I may do that - there's definately plenty to work with.

It is a neat little gadget to have though...