Someone asked about camoed Saiga 12s: This is my version of German Flectar. One of my favorite camo paterns.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=mo...&cmd=si&img=682

If any can tell me how to post these here, that would be good. I can't understand why I can upload pics to the gallery, but not here. The size can't be an issue, but it says my "global space" (whatever that is) is "zero" bytes for post pics here.

Edited by inparidel

That is really nice! What kind of paint did you use?

I just went back and looked at one of the close ups. How do you color in the safe,fire, and all other type.

That makes it extra sweet!

Edited by gunboy69
Someone asked about camoed Saiga 12s: This is my version of E.German Flectar. One of my favorite camo paterns.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=mo...&cmd=si&img=682

If any can tell me how to post these here, that would be good. I can't understand why I can upload pics to the gallery, but not here. The size can't be an issue, but it says my "global space" (whatever that is) is "zero" bytes for post pics here.

Nice paint job (even the Kobra sight!!)!! How did you do the color "blobs" as they look very uniform? I have always like the German Flectar camo going back to my paintball game days. I might try a "desert flectar" pattern on my Saiga 12.

Thanks guys. I used Rust-O-leum camo (yeah, it actually says "camo") and Krylon camo paint and a couple of other tougher brands. I got modeling clay and placed various shaped blobs around the gun for the black dots, which are really just my original Alumahyde II. Then, I sprayd the various patches of beige, earthy red and green. Then I put little blobs of clay on those and sprayed the "background" (which is really the foreground in terms of sequence of application. Then I filled in a few more places that looked like they neded a few more dots of a particulat color, and finished it up with a few random "tiger stripes" of dark brown or black. Then, you knock off all the clay balls that have been building up (looks like your gun has a bad case of warts), and wash the clay residue off with dish soap and a sponge. Hit it with a final coat of flat clear enamel, and that's it.

I did the logos, caliber designations and the safe and fire letters when she was still just black Alumahyde II. You degrease (I used Milcomm degeaser) the indentations. Follow that by using a teflon grease (MIlcomm again) rolled THINLY over the indentations carefully keeping it out of them. I used a silicone pen barrel finger cushion. That's your release agent. Then aply either Testor's model paint, or artist's acrylic to the letter indentations with a paper clip end. Clean it up by using a car window squeegee on a diagonal to the indentations. When the paint in the letters is kind of set (don't wait too long), clean up the area around the letters with an almost dry sponge or dry steel wool.

P.S.

I think Desert Flectar is exceedingly cool as well. I just LOVE the Flectar! :smoke:

Edited by inparidel
I have never been able to post pics directly in a post either. Only the remote link.

What kind of operating system and browser are you on Tony? And what about anyone else who's having trouble with this?

I'm using Windows XP on my PC with Mozilla Firefox and or IE as a browser.

When I post a pic all I do is click on the Browse button in the "file attachments" section, then upload a pic straight from my hard drive in the "file upload" window that pops up next. If the files I have stored on my HD are 800 pixels or less on a side (that's how I format them in my image program which is Picassa2 from Google) then I click on one, it appears in the Browse window, then click "add this attachment".

Another screen comes up showing the file name, the size, and an option to "add into post" or "remove". At this point you can either click "add reply" at the bottom of the page or you can browse for another image file to add. (because I'm a mod my "global space left" stays at "unlimited" but for anyone else it should show how much is left after adding each attachment. If you keep the file size down there should be room for several pics.) You can click "add into post" and then preview your post with attachment. If you do this you can add more text wherever you want and more pics in any order you want just by clicking in the body of the message. I'm posting a pic now that is 238.57 k and measures 648 x 486. When I post a pic that is 800 pixles it shows up as a thumbnail that you can click to enlarge.

I hope something here helps someone, I don't know squat about computers and figured all this out by trial and error. :lolol:

If there really is something wrong I will talk to Mak C about it and see what's going on.

There are a couple of people who have said they are having trouble including one poor guy from NY who is about to pull his hair out trying to post pics of his new S-20 lol.

We'll figure it out somehow.

post-1293-1147785707_thumb.jpg

I have never been able to post pics directly in a post either. Only the remote link.

What kind of operating system and browser are you on Tony? And what about anyone else who's having trouble with this?

I'm using Windows XP on my PC with Mozilla Firefox and or IE as a browser.

When I post a pic all I do is click on the Browse button in the "file attachments" section, then upload a pic straight from my hard drive in the "file upload" window that pops up next. If the files I have stored on my HD are 800 pixels or less on a side (that's how I format them in my image program which is Picassa2 from Google) then I click on one, it appears in the Browse window, then click "add this attachment".

Another screen comes up showing the file name, the size, and an option to "add into post" or "remove". At this point you can either click "add reply" at the bottom of the page or you can browse for another image file to add. (because I'm a mod my "global space left" stays at "unlimited" but for anyone else it should show how much is left after adding each attachment.

Ahaa!! that's the problem, Cobra dude. You helped find it. More than half of the guys trying to post here have "zero global space left" as the NORMAL setting. Mine always does, unless it's one day in a thousand when the damn posting system decides it wants to actually work.

I have Both XP and Wiondows 2000 and I use either/or Netscape 7 and higher or IE 5.1 , and no dice. I believe that the forum upload system is majorly broke.

I run XP SP2 with IE 6.0. Works great!

In our office (and many others), as well as inmy home, we/I won't go near the SP2 (service pack 2) XP. It puts in "security" features tht make it impossible to use a $350 per hour Westlaw research database. We actually ask MS for older XP disks without it. But, having said that, I doubt the service pack enables your ability to upload pics.

Tell me, does your screen ALWAYS say "global space left: zero?" I doubt that it does. That's the problem. Some of ours do all the time. I think that's a function of the software on the forum side as it reads various DSL signals from around the country. I could be wrong, but, you have read the guys that all say that their "global space" is, and always is, zero. That means that a single byte of data is too large, as far as the confused upload system is concerned.

Edited by inparidel

Thanks again. I wear Flectar camo pants often at the matches, and sometimes the blouse when it's colder here in Florida in winter. As I said, I love the Flec, and I think it's cool when your shotty matches your camo, but that's just me.

Edited by inparidel

Just out of curiosity, Cobra, are the double mounted AKs sort of a gattling gun setup? Is that what the lavender crank-wheel is for: the triggers? Also, do they fire alternately or simultaneously? It seems that I would have done then alternately. Thanks

I run XP SP2 with IE 6.0. Works great!

In our office (and many others), as well as inmy home, we/I won't go near the SP2 (service pack 2) XP. It puts in "security" features tht make it impossible to use a $350 per hour Westlaw research database. We actually ask MS for older XP disks without it. But, having said that, I doubt the service pack enables your ability to upload pics.

Tell me, does your screen ALWAYS say "global space left: zero?" I doubt that it does. That's the problem. Some of ours do all the time. I think that's a function of the software on the forum side as it reads various DSL signals from around the country. I could be wrong, but, you have read the guys that all say that their "global space" is, and always is, zero. That means that a single byte of data is too large, as far as the confused upload system is concerned.

My profile just started saying it last week. B4 that I had no problem posting pics. :unsure:

By the way, nice job on the twin ak gattlin guns

Edited by nyclu3
  • 3 years later...

Hows this for a ressurection? I saved the pic of the flecktar s12 years ago. I am thinking of doing my Drozd like this, so I did a search here for flecktar to refresh my memory on the technique..... Still love that gun.